• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms WTS: Van Orden "Sniper" with original box, SPF

BSully

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2009
ATLANTA, GA USA
Excellent condition as purchased from Rock Island Auction. Have history of rifle from possession of original owner. Shipping will be in two boxes, one for box and one for rifle. Description from Rock Island:

"Excellent with 98% plus of the original blue finish, light edge wear present on the barrel, general handling marks, cycling marks on the bolt and a smooth gray patina on the bolt handle knob. The wood is also excellent with nice color, scattered light surface scratches, general handling marks in the grip area and areas of mixed gray and brown patina on the buttplate. Mechanically excellent. Box is good with general storage and handling wear as well as some separated corners. "

I would rate it a strong 95%. Only Van Orden I have heard of with original box. I am sure there are more, I just haven't seen them. I have not fired the rifle but have checked head space to be good (wont close on a "no go" ). Comes with sights, Lyman 77r front and 48 wh rear. Listed in Death from Afar as a "sniper."

Must ship to FFL or pick up in Georgia.
SPF

Rock Island Photo
SN-220285-1-1.jpg

Rock Island Photo
SN-220285-2-1.jpg

As received
Inkedthumbnail_IMG_0380_LI.jpg

As received
Inkedthumbnail_IMG_0381_LI.jpg

Last edited: