• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Accessories WTS VITAL2 mil-spec Class1 IR laser w/ papers used $450

cake5150

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2014
Fort Wayne, Indiana
I have for sale a used NVEC (NVS) VITAL-2 IR lasers in perfect functional condition. The unit is in great physical condition with some minor scuffs and come with a soft case, manual, corded tape switch, paddle switch, integral ARMS throw lever mount (nope, you can’t replace it w/ a LaRue mount), barrel mounting hardware, 2x AA batteries, and documentation of the unit being 100% legitimate as provided to me by the company I purchased it from. The documentation is serial number specific and speaks for itself. I’m sure most of you looking at this know, but in case you do not, NVEC did not sell new IR laser products directly to civilians, so they VERY rarely come to market legitimately. There is no law against buying one or owning one in general as these are Class 1 laser devices per the FDA (also stamped on each and every unit). Many of the ones that do make it to the market are of questionable origins (ie. government property walk-offs). VITAL-2s are RARE, and 100% legitimate ones with documentation are almost impossible to find. This is an IR laser, IR LASERS CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH NIGHT VISION. The VITAL-2 has variable power adjustment (Class 1 max 0.7 mW) which allows for using it at most any range w/o blooming your NVDs. This is a fantastic feature! The unit has settings to use just the IR laser or both the IR laser and the short range LED IR illuminator which will provide limited wide-angle illumination out to around 25 yards. The laser modes are as following: OFF, steady laser, slow pulse laser, fast pulse laser, steady laser/low illuminator, steady laser/high illuminator. The low illuminator mode is VERY low output, you really have to look hard to see it. The high illuminator output, however, is useful for short range illumination. These are fully adjustable for windage and elevation via finger-adjustable click adjustments. The manual gives instructions for zeroing on 12 o’clock rail position. If mounting the laser on 3 o’clock rail, the turrets mimic exactly how standard riflescopes track (clockwise rotation of 12 o’clock adjuster moves point of impact down, clockwise rotation of 3 o’clock adjuster moves point of impact left). The easiest way to zero these is to attach them to a rifle w/ an optic that is already zeroed, look through the optic w/ your night vision device, and adjust the laser dot to coincide (or closely offset) with the point of aim on the optic. Windage and elevation adjustments are in 0.4 mrad increments with 36 clicks (14.4 mrad) per revolution and ~91.2 mrad total travel. You can mount this on anything w/ a pic rail, regardless of caliber. These take two standard AA batteries; cheap, common, disposable, PERFECT. The battery life w/ constant use is rated at 40 hours. I had one test unit in which I loaded the batteries in March 2012 and left the unit in the OFF position in the safe. Its batteries were still functioning as of May 2014 indicating that there is no apparent battery drain in the OFF position. That being said, I can’t say I recommend ever storing batteries in equipment for long periods. There is no warranty with these units, only a 72 hour inspection period as detailed below. That being said, these things are extremely tough so, unless you literally beat the living hell out of them, you’ll probably never have any issues. Something to note here, ANY attempt at disassembling a VITAL-2 unit will permanently render it disabled, the manufacturer designed it that way to prevent tampering. Units that have been tampered with in this way are very obvious and NO refund will provided in such instances.

In order to be eligible to purchase this unit from me, you must agree to NOT export this item, and indicate to me that you will not be acting in contravention w/ any state or local laws (regarding light-emitting devices) by owning this item. This I will discuss w/ the buyer via phone or email (buyer’s preference). This probably seems a little overboard, but I WILL NOT sell this to someone I am suspicious of having ulterior motives that could put our men and women overseas in danger. I reserve the right to refuse sale to ANYONE. I absolutely cannot ship these to you until I have both the forms AND payment in my hands.

Price is $450 shipped w/ delivery confirmation. Payment options are as follows:

-Paypal (f/f or +3.5%)
-USPS money orders (PREFERRED METHOD and it will ship w/in one to two business days)

-Certified check, cashier’s check, bank check, etc (will ship when my bank says it clears, usually w/in 7 business days)

-Personal check (will ship when my bank says it clears, usually w/in 14 business days)

I WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE SHIP OUTSIDE THE USA OR SELL TO AN INDIVIDUAL WHOM I SUSPECT TO HAVE INTENTIONS OF DOING SO. I will allow a 72 hour inspection period during which the package may be returned for a full refund MINUS what it cost me to ship to you if you are not happy w/ it. Return shipping will be the responsibility of the buyer if the item is returned.

20190803_213551.jpg

Reactions: PVMan21
I have for sale a used NVEC (NVS) VITAL-2 IR lasers in perfect functional condition. The unit is in great physical condition with some minor scuffs and come with a soft case, manual, corded tape switch, paddle switch, integral ARMS throw lever mount (nope, you can’t replace it w/ a LaRue mount), barrel mounting hardware, 2x AA batteries, and documentation of the unit being 100% legitimate as provided to me by the company I purchased it from. The documentation is serial number specific and speaks for itself. I’m sure most of you looking at this know, but in case you do not, NVEC did not sell new IR laser products directly to civilians, so they VERY rarely come to market legitimately. There is no law against buying one or owning one in general as these are Class 1 laser devices per the FDA (also stamped on each and every unit). Many of the ones that do make it to the market are of questionable origins (ie. government property walk-offs). VITAL-2s are RARE, and 100% legitimate ones with documentation are almost impossible to find. This is an IR laser, IR LASERS CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH NIGHT VISION. The VITAL-2 has variable power adjustment (Class 1 max 0.7 mW) which allows for using it at most any range w/o blooming your NVDs. This is a fantastic feature! The unit has settings to use just the IR laser or both the IR laser and the short range LED IR illuminator which will provide limited wide-angle illumination out to around 25 yards. The laser modes are as following: OFF, steady laser, slow pulse laser, fast pulse laser, steady laser/low illuminator, steady laser/high illuminator. The low illuminator mode is VERY low output, you really have to look hard to see it. The high illuminator output, however, is useful for short range illumination. These are fully adjustable for windage and elevation via finger-adjustable click adjustments. The manual gives instructions for zeroing on 12 o’clock rail position. If mounting the laser on 3 o’clock rail, the turrets mimic exactly how standard riflescopes track (clockwise rotation of 12 o’clock adjuster moves point of impact down, clockwise rotation of 3 o’clock adjuster moves point of impact left). The easiest way to zero these is to attach them to a rifle w/ an optic that is already zeroed, look through the optic w/ your night vision device, and adjust the laser dot to coincide (or closely offset) with the point of aim on the optic. Windage and elevation adjustments are in 0.4 mrad increments with 36 clicks (14.4 mrad) per revolution and ~91.2 mrad total travel. You can mount this on anything w/ a pic rail, regardless of caliber. These take two standard AA batteries; cheap, common, disposable, PERFECT. The battery life w/ constant use is rated at 40 hours. I had one test unit in which I loaded the batteries in March 2012 and left the unit in the OFF position in the safe. Its batteries were still functioning as of May 2014 indicating that there is no apparent battery drain in the OFF position. That being said, I can’t say I recommend ever storing batteries in equipment for long periods. There is no warranty with these units, only a 72 hour inspection period as detailed below. That being said, these things are extremely tough so, unless you literally beat the living hell out of them, you’ll probably never have any issues. Something to note here, ANY attempt at disassembling a VITAL-2 unit will permanently render it disabled, the manufacturer designed it that way to prevent tampering. Units that have been tampered with in this way are very obvious and NO refund will provided in such instances.

In order to be eligible to purchase this unit from me, you must agree to NOT export this item, and indicate to me that you will not be acting in contravention w/ any state or local laws (regarding light-emitting devices) by owning this item. This I will discuss w/ the buyer via phone or email (buyer’s preference). This probably seems a little overboard, but I WILL NOT sell this to someone I am suspicious of having ulterior motives that could put our men and women overseas in danger. I reserve the right to refuse sale to ANYONE. I absolutely cannot ship these to you until I have both the forms AND payment in my hands.

-Paypal (f/f or +3.5%)
-USPS money orders (PREFERRED METHOD and it will ship w/in one to two business days)

-Certified check, cashier’s check, bank check, etc (will ship when my bank says it clears, usually w/in 7 business days)

-Personal check (will ship when my bank says it clears, usually w/in 14 business days)

I WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE SHIP OUTSIDE THE USA OR SELL TO AN INDIVIDUAL WHOM I SUSPECT TO HAVE INTENTIONS OF DOING SO. I will allow a 72 hour inspection period during which the package may be returned for a full refund MINUS what it cost me to ship to you if you are not happy w/ it. Return shipping will be the responsibility of the buyer if the item is returned.

View attachment 7123587
If you still have it would you be willing to sell one 9f the pressure pads or thumb switches?

The laser sold a long time ago, but I do have one more complete laser package available. I have sold off all the extra paddles and tape switches that I had. Thanks.

Reactions: stefan73
The laser sold a long time ago, but I do have one more complete laser package available. I have sold off all the extra paddles and tape switches that I had. Thanks.
I have the unit itself, the pressure switch themselves dont work anymore wires were pulled out of the pad... I was looking for the thumb switch specifically because its not wired... i moved across the country last year and I can't for the life of me find any of my accessories... thank you though

-Paypal (f/f or +3.5%)

View attachment 7123587
I know the ad is old but do you have any VITAL's left? Also looking for parts. I have one that is in awesome condition but would like to find another unit or parts? Also any other IR Laser/Illuminator units available? Thanks

-Paypal (f/f or +3.5%)

View attachment 7123587

I know the ad is old but do you have any VITAL's left? Also looking for parts. I have one that is in awesome condition but would like to find another unit or parts? Also any other IR Laser/Illuminator units available? Thanks ! !

I know the ad is old but do you have any VITAL's left? Also looking for parts. I have one that is in awesome condition but would like to find another unit or parts? Also any other IR Laser/Illuminator units available? Thanks ! !
You and me both. I think I bought his last one and it looks like from a post above that he is all out of parts. But, maybe something has fallen into his lap since then.

You and me both. I think I bought his last one and it looks like from a post above that he is all out of parts. But, maybe something has fallen into his lap since then.
Thanks for letting me know. I purchased from him years ago and he's GREAT to do business with ! !

I might sell my VITAL-2 in the near future. I'm new to this forum so I want to post the proper way. Am I reading the instructions to sell that it costs $19.95/month ? Thanks

I might sell my VITAL-2 in the near future. I'm new to this forum so I want to post the proper way. Am I reading the instructions to sell that it costs $19.95/month ? Thanks
I don't think so. I think to post items for sale you just need to have posted so many times but I haven't sold anything in a LONG time so I could be mistaken.

You have to be a paying member to post on the PX, it's worth it too, not to mention the online training which is. Truly awesome