• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTS Winchester M70 Pre-64 $800

Mister Ridge

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 15, 2011
    Maryland
    I have a Pre-64 Winchester Model 70 I'd like to sell.

The good:

It's a complete rifle but not factory original. The action is in pretty good shape. The floorplate says Super Grade, but I haven't verified if it started as a Super Grade or not. Comes with a Redfield Junior 1-piece and Leupold 30mm rings. I think the bolt handle was reblued at some point as there is little specks of pitting under the finish. The stock is a glass bedded McMillan Winchester Marksman in OD green, with a plain rubber buttpad and Freeland rail in the forend. The barrel is a 26" stainless Douglas barrel chambered in .308 Winchester, with an unknown twist and approximating the original Winchester Target contour.

The bad:

The outside of barrel is showing a moderate amount of surface rust and, unfortunately, so is the last 2" of the inside. I haven't shot the rifle to see how much this affects the accuracy. The receiver also has about 5 holes on the left side for target sight bases, which I don't have.

I had planned that I would cut that 2" off, have the barreled action cerakoted black, the stock coated brown, and have a sniper look alike with a nicer stock, but I've lost interest in the project.

Priced kind of firm at $800 + shipping. Willing to hear trades for AR uppers or optics, full or partial either way. Not really interested in firearms trades, given that most of the firearms I'm looking for far exceed the value of this one.

Last edited:
    Reactions: LG65CM

Attachments

• DSC_0030.JPG
      DSC_0030.JPG
      278.1 KB · Views: 34
    A TA31-ECOS minus the RMR would be a really nice trade for this. With the RMR, I'd throw in some cash.

Any idea what the mcmillan weighs? I may be interested in the stock if you want to part it out. Could you post a pic from the side view of the rifle?

Any idea what the mcmillan weighs? I may be interested in the stock if you want to part it out. Could you post a pic from the side view of the rifle?
    No idea on the weight of the stock. I can take more photos this weekend, although I don't quite get what you're asking for.

No idea on the weight of the stock. I can take more photos this weekend, although I don't quite get what you're asking for.

Disregard, sorry. Did a little research and found thats not quite the right stock for my purposes. Thanks.

this is a nice gun, just needs a bit of clean up. I like this vintage especially when it is in the wood stock.

Any interest in a Sig Sauer tango 6 3-18 ffp moa scope I would want 550 for it I would pay u 250 shipped for guN. Craig Text At 315-573-5078

It seems likely that I will have a need for a McMillan A4 soon if someone had one they'd like to trade.

I have a Pre-64 Winchester Model 70 I'd like to sell.

The good:

It's a complete rifle but not factory original. The action is in pretty good shape. The floorplate says Super Grade, but I haven't verified if it started as a Super Grade or not. Comes with a Redfield Junior 1-piece and Leupold 30mm rings. I think the bolt handle was reblued at some point as there is little specks of pitting under the finish. The stock is a glass bedded McMillan Winchester Marksman in OD green, with a plain rubber buttpad and Freeland rail in the forend. The barrel is a 26" stainless Douglas barrel chambered in .308 Winchester, with an unknown twist and approximating the original Winchester Target contour.

The bad:

The outside of barrel is showing a moderate amount of surface rust and, unfortunately, so is the last 2" of the inside. I haven't shot the rifle to see how much this affects the accuracy. The receiver also has about 5 holes on the left side for target sight bases, which I don't have.

I had planned that I would cut that 2" off, have the barreled action cerakoted black, the stock coated brown, and have a sniper look alike with a nicer stock, but I've lost interest in the project.

Priced kind of firm at $800 + shipping. Willing to hear trades for AR uppers or optics, full or partial either way. Not really interested in firearms trades, given that most of the firearms I'm looking for far exceed the value of this one.

Can you send pics? Interested.