• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTS/WTT 1944 Remington Rand 1911a1

m1marty

The Bad Guy
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2004
Tucson, AZ
Because I make poor life choices and blow my budget on death trap race cars- I've reluctantly decided to post my Remington up for sale or partial trade. I need optics for my FN Scar 20 so looking for a NF 3.5-15, NF 5.5-22, Leupold Mk6 3-18 or Leupold Mk4 M5a2 6.5-20 (XM2010 optic).
Now about the pistol. Dates to August 1944. It is 100% original in a conservative 95% with only minor handling marks. No rust, no pitting, finish is very strong. Includes a matching Risdon mag in equal condition. I looked for a long time before I finally found this one (came from a prominent 1911 collector)
Given that 1911 prices have gotten a bit silly as of late with the release of the CMP pistols, I feel 2400 shipped is fair. Worse condition pistols have sold in that area for a while now. Happy to take as many pics as needed/answer any questions.
Link to some pics
1944 Remington Rand

New race car just for grins
00H0H_gGFceSiyLBN_600x450.jpg

You would think with CMP releasing so many 1911 pistols the market would plummet. GLWS

Those same mix master rebuilds have been topping 2k+ (last one went for 2700 and change) 8k were released. I forget how many 10s of thousands of applicants filed for one.
It drives interest up and in turn, prices. There's a lot of 1911s out there. High condition original examples? Not so much.

I learned to shoot on one of those.

As much nostalgia as it has for me, it's got lots of real history to it as well.

I hope you find a collector who appreciates it.

Reactions: m1marty
Had some great trade offers. Unfortunately I'm only looking for those specific optics.
As an update- if someone has a clean Garand in "Service Grade" condition, that is a partial trade I'd look at.