• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTSHTF crowd

DaveV

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2009
_
I think it's really interesting to see SHTF threads showing up on the Hide. You kinda expect it on the other sites but here...not so much. I think we probably have more LE/MIL guys here per capita than any other place. I, like most of you, have had MANY conversations with fellow gun guys talking about "revolution' and "martial law" and blah, blah, blah. This happens in every election cycle but seems to be worse now. The common denominator is the discussion of "they" or "them." I always ask, "who is they?" I have talked with our Sheriff and he said if the Feds ask him to use a heavy hand...he aint playin! He's totally a 2nd Ammend guy and plans to not participate in anything stupid. One of my good friends is a cop and he told me that if it got really stupid, he would take off his badge and put his Ghillie back on.

The bottom line is that if things got stupid, we all know how we would respond to it. Until then, I like being part of a community here that is about facts and balance. When these cats come on and probe the prepper questions, I think we should hold the line on reality. I don't want to see this place turn into a nut house (like Frank would let that happen anyway!). I do think the volume of these posts in different forms (equipment load-outs, weapons choices, Ghillie how-to's, etc.)will increase. It's idiots like these that put our 2nd Ammend in jeopardy.

Am I the only one seeing this trend?

Re: WTSHTF crowd

Dave, we've been through this region of sanity several times now, starting (for us anyway) back with the Y2K craze.

My current member number is 133, but that's from after the site crashed and we originals all had to re-register. My original number was somewhere in the teens, and the site was known as "The Lowlight Directive". That's why my Username has the asterisk. We couldn't re-use our original usernames.

We keep us an even keel here. No biggie.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this in regards to my bugout sleeping bag thread? </div></div>

Ha! No way, dude, that thread is awesome. If things do break down, I hope that I have taken the time to get one of these sweet babies!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I have talked with our Sheriff and he said if the Feds ask him to use a heavy hand...he aint playin! He's totally a 2nd Ammend guy and plans to not participate in anything stupid. One of my good friends is a cop and he told me that if it got really stupid, he would take off his badge and put his Ghillie back on. </div></div>

Glad to hear it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dave, we've been through this region of sanity several times now, starting (for us anyway) back with the Y2K craze. My current member number is 133, but that's from after the site crashed and we originals all had to re-register. My original number was somewhere in the teens, and the site was known as "The Lowlight Directive".

We keep us an even keel here. No biggie.

Greg </div></div>

I know that Greg, especially from you. I always appreciate your thoughtful posts. I'm not worried that this will go off the rails, I was just curious about the tempo of posts.

Thanks

I'm too old for that 'Rescue Ranger' Schtuff.

I'll just stand with my neighbors and pass the ammunition. If they think there's a reason, I can go along with that.

Otherwise...; naaah!

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm too old for that 'Rescue Ranger' Schtuff.

I'll just stand with my neighbors and pass the ammunition. If they think there's a reason, I can go along with that.

Otherwise...; naaah!

Greg </div></div>

That's the reason young troops are told to "take the hill." The old guys tend to ask, "why we doin this again?"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">........................................
The bottom line is that if things got stupid, we all know how we would respond to it. Until then, I like being part of a community here that is about facts and balance. When these cats come on and probe the prepper questions, I think we should hold the line on reality. I don't want to see this place turn into a nut house (like Frank would let that happen anyway!). I do think the volume of these posts in different forms (equipment load-outs, weapons choices, Ghillie how-to's, etc.)will increase. It's idiots like these that put our 2nd Ammend in jeopardy.

Am I the only one seeing this trend? </div></div>

Does this include Zombie threads??
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike Hull</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does this include Zombie threads??
wink.gif
</div></div>

Zombie threads are different because everybody knows that zombies can be a real threat. Civil breakdown is one thing, but battling the un-dead is a whole different issue that requires special skills and equipment.

This is the second forum I joined, the first was almost all SHTF or TEOTWAWKI (The end of the world as we know it) and trying to ask those guys anything about a scope or a bolt gun was about the same type answer as you would get from your local pawn shop gun dealer. Thats why i came here. I would always ask myself "is it sane to have 10 years of food stored away?" "how much did you pay to have that cave dug with full air ventalation?" These guys were serious and I couldnt get behind them, so I have found the hide and havent looked back, this is a good place to be!

I have no problem with preppers gathering goods for who knows what. Most of us have a spare tire in the trunk and have insurance of different types. We all understand that our founders were not talking about hunting rifles when they penned the 2nd Ammend. My problem is with idiots who spout off the latest gun show rhetoric without backing it up with facts or science. The fundamentals of marksmanship and the science of the shot can be applied to any venue; LE/MIL, competition, hunting, plinking or prepping. I don't have any problems with the most hard core survivalist being a part of any conversation as long as they follow the rules of common sense and dialogue. My problem is with the wild eyed, panic driven, gear queer, over-internetted, computer commando, "I heard it from good sources...," types. These guys are why I avoid gun shows. I just like coming to a place where bullshit is called out and the general population doesn't get a hard on when somebody comes up with the latest urban legend version of "inside sources are saying..."

I hear alot of babble from LEO's saying they'll take their badge off before doing any confiscations etc., but I seriously doubt it. If they want to continue collecting a paycheck and they have a family to support, they will do what ever they are told to do.
I wouldn't worry about local agencies anyway, if it comes, there will more than likely be outsiders involved.

Where the logic train goes off the rails for me is in the discussion of "them." This whole thing comes down to allocation of resources. There are only so many people that can be so many places at one time. The only way to pull something big off in this country is to use the main population of sheeple to rat out their neighbors. Kinda like a Hitler neighborhood watch program. I just don't see the practicality in it.

<span style="font-weight: bold">THEM</span>

So what if I got a letter from someone that epouses the tenents of the Bilderberger's and the Trilateral's, and they used a return address sticker with a British Redcoat playing the flute?

Does that qualify as "Them"?

What gauge foil do I need for my new hat?

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tat2steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hear alot of babble from LEO's saying they'll take their badge off before doing any confiscations etc., but I seriously doubt it. If they want to continue collecting a paycheck and they have a family to support, they will do what ever they are told to do.
I wouldn't worry about local agencies anyway, if it comes, there will more than likely be outsiders involved. </div></div>

I hear a lot of babble from non LEO's about their opinions of what they think LEO's will or won't do in any given situation. I hear a lot of babble from a lot of these same people about how they'll not lie down like sheep and do what they're told. I don't worry about these guys anyway, if it comes they'll probably be the first to submit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tat2steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hear alot of babble from LEO's saying they'll take their badge off before doing any confiscations etc., but I seriously doubt it. If they want to continue collecting a paycheck and they have a family to support, they will do what ever they are told to do.
I wouldn't worry about local agencies anyway, if it comes, there will more than likely be outsiders involved. </div></div>

I hear a lot of babble from non LEO's about their opinions of what they think LEO's will or won't do in any given situation. I hear a lot of babble from a lot of these same people about how they'll not lie down like sheep and do what they're told. I don't worry about these guys anyway, if it comes they'll probably be the first to submit. </div></div>

Oh Cory... sitting in my seat on this one is pretty fun as I know both you AND tat2steve.... oh man oh MAN!!!!! Rest assured tat2steve will not be at the front of the line handing in his babies as we know them to the UN occupying force.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hear a lot of babble from non LEO's about their opinions of what they think LEO's will or won't do in any given situation. I hear a lot of babble from a lot of these same people about how they'll not lie down like sheep and do what they're told. I don't worry about these guys anyway, if it comes they'll probably be the first to submit.</div></div>
"'round here:
We talk like Lions,
But we sacrifice like lambs..."

- Counting Crows, <span style="font-style: italic">August and Everything After</span>.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Oh Cory... sitting in my seat on this one is pretty fun as I know both you AND tat2steve.... oh man oh MAN!!!!! Rest assured tat2steve will not be at the front of the line handing in his babies as we know them to the UN occupying force. </div></div>

Nor will I be manning that table wearing a badge and accepting them.

My point was that I don't know him. He doesn't know me. Blanket generalizations tend to piss me off a bit. I didn't make any more personal an accusation than he did.

You are obviously not from Kalifornia...
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where the logic train goes off the rails for me is in the discussion of "them." This whole thing comes down to allocation of resources. There are only so many people that can be so many places at one time. The only way to pull something big off in this country is to use the main population of sheeple to rat out their neighbors. Kinda like a Hitler neighborhood watch program. I just don't see the practicality in it.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The bottom line is that if things got stupid, we all know how we would respond to it. Until then, I like being part of a community here that is about facts and balance. </div></div>

Frankly I am quite sick of balance. "Balance" is what got us into the situation we are in now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are obviously not from Kalifornia...
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where the logic train goes off the rails for me is in the discussion of "them." This whole thing comes down to allocation of resources. There are only so many people that can be so many places at one time. The only way to pull something big off in this country is to use the main population of sheeple to rat out their neighbors. Kinda like a Hitler neighborhood watch program. I just don't see the practicality in it.</div></div> </div></div>

Naw. I'm in Southern Oregon and through the years, this has been a big area for those who say they will "run to the hills" when it all goes to rat. The common denominator with these guys is that they are "expert" in everything because they have read a bunch of FM's. As soon as you get outside of any metro area, it doesn't take long to find all the "true patriots." During the 80's, Southern Oregon was considered one of the best places to settle due to wind patterns (nuclear fallout)and all kinds of crap. As a kid, I grew up running all over the hills, shooting squirrels and such. These days I wouldn't want to venture very far off track because I would probably run into either a dope grow or a survivalists compound. A lot of "Public Land" is not very public at all any more. My issue is that these guys embody the image that the gun-grabbers point to in order to make their case. Hell, these guys make their case for them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frankly I am quite sick of balance. "Balance" is what got us into the situation we are in now.</div></div>

Balance is different than compromise. I'm just glad that this place is rooted in science seasoned with opinion. The tin foil hat brigade is fine, I just don't want the brush that's painting them to spill over into my gig.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did someone pee in your corn flakes Dave? You are sounding like there is a backstory to this. </div></div>

Naw, not really. It's just the old saying...
"The older I get, the less I know."
As Franks sig line says, "Watch your words, they become actions." I think alot of guys see the glamor in the Hollywood version of resistance without really knowing what that looks like when it gets ran all the way out. To be really honest with you, my greatest fear at this point in history, is that some of the guys I'm talking about will do something stupid to push back the Government which in turn will cause the Government to push back even harder. At some point, we all could get caught up in something very unpleasant. Locker room bravado is all well and good, but, at the end of the day, battle lines do tend to get drawn. Everybody who knows me offline knows which side of the line I stand on. This thread was intended to just get some thoughts rolling, not really to grind any personal axes I may or may not have.

I said this on another site not too long ago.

WTSHTF, our government is not the bunch we we need to be watching.

Seen from the hustings, the government's role will most appear to be one of ineptitude and neglect.

Their concerns are about securing and sequestering a relatively small number of 'specials'; for the rest of us, resources are hopelessly inadequate. Public resources will be nationalized, primarily dealing with fire fighters and hospitals doing triage, and collection and distribution of an ovewhelming number of casualties among an largely inadequate number of beds.

The orders and procedures have been in circulation as "In case of..." since Eisenhower.

Outside that, maintaining order is a fiction that can only survive in times of calm and public distraction. The government can only dictate when the populace goes along.

If the populus said a collective 'no', there's really damned little the government could do about it beyond singling out some very finite number for a public lesson. I think there's valid question about whether the goverment would have the stomach for that, and I'm damned sure they'd be nailing their own coffin if they tried.

The more plausible threat would be from tinpot wannabe warlords and local fatcats, being quick out of the blocks to recognize and capitalize upon an impending power vacuum.

Don't let 'em.

I think the more valid questions would be about who would stand up, who wouldn't and what would they be doing, and who's trying to load the deck in their own favor between now and then.

Greg

And just what S is going to HTF? None.

I've seen confiscations happen, both at the working level and on trips to other countries that have implemented bans on a large scale. It doesn't happen the way people here say it does. And in each and every case the 'cold dead hands' crowd is conspicuous by their absence.

And why should they fight? Why would anyone choose to lose everything they have, and the freedom to enjoy it, until death is inevitable? Besides, people who respect the law don't fight to the death over a piece of property.

I'm not saying that I agree with confiscation, just that the people who talk like lions don't understand history. If you really want to know what it takes for humans to get to the point of active resistance, read about the Warsaw Ghetto uprising in WWII.

Meanwhile, those who haven't had the experience could stand to learn from people who have, like Bob and the former leadership of the UKPSA.

Basically, using common sense, an armed resistance is almost out of the question. After the first shot fired, what do you think is going to happen to the primer supply? The feds would seize every last box. The American people I am sure probably have enough collectivly to last a couple weeks fighting a true resistance, but that is it, at best. Its not like the revolutionary war, no other country would back the movement, none that we would want anyways, we have shit in a lot of pots as a nation. The old addage, United we stand, Divided we fall is very true. Although I think this country needs the awakening of a revolution sometimes, I dont know that it is very practical. Our pocketbooks (not paying taxes) as a whole, and voting is the only two revolutions I think that could work, and not enough people are going to not pay taxes, and people arent educated enough to vote smartly so those are dead in the water. Maybe I am wrong though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And why should they fight? Why would anyone choose to lose everything they have, and the freedom to enjoy it, until death is inevitable? Besides, people who respect the law don't fight to the death over a piece of property.</div></div>

This sums up a lot of things. I like to talk a big game, love my guns and my freedoms....but I love my wife and kids more. If a law was passed and someone knocked on the door: "We know you have guns and we're here to take them". Am I going down in a blaze of glory over some rifles, probably not. I want to see my kids grow up.

Now, more importantly, what guys need to do is support those who support their rights a little more. I love the guys who buy guns, ammo and lots of other toys but can't afford to be a member of the NRA or some other gun lover group. I'm a life member of NRA, will likely upgrade that and sign up with another group this year too. Donate some money to the RNC, I'm not thrilled with the Republicans lately, but beating a democrat for a public office typically helps my gun rights.

So, I'll make my calls, send my emails, give financial support to those that need it to fight the good fight. But .gov knocks on my door for my rifles, I'll peacefully surrender them while swearing under my breath. I should add that again, this assumes that laws are passed and .gov is involved; if it was a foreign force or some local "warlord" then there may be that blaze of glory.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And why should they fight? Why would anyone choose to lose everything they have, and the freedom to enjoy it, until death is inevitable? Besides, people who respect the law don't fight to the death over a piece of property.</div></div>

This sums up a lot of things. I like to talk a big game, love my guns and my freedoms....but I love my wife and kids more. If a law was passed and someone knocked on the door: "We know you have guns and we're here to take them". Am I going down in a blaze of glory over some rifles, probably not. I want to see my kids grow up.

Now, more importantly, what guys need to do is support those who support their rights a little more. I love the guys who buy guns, ammo and lots of other toys but can't afford to be a member of the NRA or some other gun lover group. I'm a life member of NRA, will likely upgrade that and sign up with another group this year too. Donate some money to the RNC, I'm not thrilled with the Republicans lately, but beating a democrat for a public office typically helps my gun rights.

So, I'll make my calls, send my emails, give financial support to those that need it to fight the good fight. But .gov knocks on my door for my rifles, I'll peacefully surrender them while swearing under my breath. I should add that again, this assumes that laws are passed and .gov is involved; if it was a foreign force or some local "warlord" then there may be that blaze of glory.</div></div>

right on!!

So many guys I talk to seem to have a 1770 Boston mindset about the state of affairs in our country. As romantic as this image is, I don't think it's accurate. I think 1992 Bosnia is a little closer. Most don't know what large scale civil unrest in this country would look like. It wouldn't split cleanly down well defined lines. It would be a ragged tear at best. As Graham said, the majority would do nothing. History bears this out. On balance, most people just want to get along with each other and be left alone. I am a strong believer in resistance to tyranny, but for some, that resistance defaults to weapons first. Think what you want out the Tea Party movement, but it is a peaceful resistance. The greatest way to get the attention of politicians is to threaten their position of power. While tar and feathering brings an interesting mental picture, the prospect of being marginalized is stronger to them. Their greatest fear is to be returned to the position of being just another common person.

In the mean time, the preppers will continue to buy all the cool Rambo gear and this will help the economy so I guess it's win-win.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hear a lot of babble from non LEO's about their opinions of what they think LEO's will or won't do in any given situation. I hear a lot of babble from a lot of these same people about how they'll not lie down like sheep and do what they're told. I don't worry about these guys anyway, if it comes they'll probably be the first to submit.</div></div>
"'round here:
We talk like Lions,
But we sacrifice like lambs..."

- Counting Crows, <span style="font-style: italic">August and Everything After</span>.

</div></div>

Yep, I couldn't agree more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And why should they fight? Why would anyone choose to lose everything they have, and the freedom to enjoy it, until death is inevitable? Besides, people who respect the law don't fight to the death over a piece of property.</div></div>

So, I'll make my calls, send my emails, give financial support to those that need it to fight the good fight. But .gov knocks on my door for my rifles, I'll peacefully surrender them while swearing under my breath. I should add that again, this assumes that laws are passed and .gov is involved; if it was a foreign force or some local "warlord" then there may be that blaze of glory. </div></div>

+1

The key phrase in my sig line is <span style="font-style: italic">never give in, except to convictions of <span style="font-weight: bold">honor and <span style="text-decoration: underline">good sense</span></span></span>

History is a wonderfull teacher, however different twists come along every now an then. Your seeing one being play'ed right now on the National level. There's a power struggle going on in full view, but how many are really seeing it?
The vast bulk of the American public is spineless,... that is proven over an over everyday. Just think about the amount of shit folks eat at work everyday, just to have the address, ride, boat or whatever. Who really profits from their deeds?
I don't think you'll will have to worry about SHTF because the vast bulk of the public thanks their going to live forever an theres nothing worth dieing for.
Then again it only took 3% of the folks to start the Revolutionary war when they said, we've had enough of this shit. The American people lost control of their Government long before I was born in 1947.
You can only kick a sleeping dog so long before it wakes up, and the dogs that are Voting their wallets will stay down an take it. There is a growing pack of dogs that are not going with the present programs.
All in all, no enemy could ever do to us what we have not already done to ourselfs, over "Greed".
The question I have is this, do you really believe the American public has the nerve for another Civil War? I don't think so, but theres alot of money being made/spent thinking it's going to happen. Then again, there are some things, worth dieing for.

Divert, Redirect, Down Play, all words within the old sayings of "Smoke an Mirrors", and "Wag The Dog". Problem is most old dogs know the difference between Perception an Reality,... and the correct time to bite back.
FWIW & YMMV

My "prepping" right now has more to do with farming than fighting
grin.gif

I find it much more difficult to consistently grow good tomatoes than to shoot tight groups
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">THEM</span>

So what if I got a letter from someone that epouses the tenents of the Bilderberger's and the Trilateral's, and they used a return address sticker with a British Redcoat playing the flute?

Good luck </div></div>

Sorry, I'm too dense to get your point. What is it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">THEM</span>

Good luck </div></div>

Sorry, I'm too dense to get your point. What is it? </div></div>

I have an odd sense of humor. But I really did get that in mail yesterday.

Points well made on "be like Bosnia" and your right - I think that is generally lost on people.

As for the Prepper's - what I do find ironic about the Newsweek story and the subjects is the lack of focus throughout the story on the fact that most of America is concerned about "something" but very few know what they are concerned about. If you query them they will give a generic answer about the economy or the future. However they haven't asked themselves much beyond that, let alone done any digging for info to either assuage their concern or formulate a counter. This is a fundamental problem in America. That herd mentality.

Oh wait.....cute bunny.....what were we talking about?

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This sums up a lot of things. I like to talk a big game, love my guns and my freedoms....but I love my wife and kids more. If a law was passed and someone knocked on the door: "We know you have guns and we're here to take them". Am I going down in a blaze of glory over some rifles, probably not. I want to see my kids grow up.
But .gov knocks on my door for my rifles, I'll peacefully surrender them while swearing under my breath. I should add that again, this assumes that laws are passed and .gov is involved; if it was a foreign force or some local "warlord" then there may be that blaze of glory.</div></div>

I'm sure our Founding Fathers would be proud.

i hope youre not dissing my "which sks sniper rifle for zombies when obama declares martial law" type threads. or my "which mil dot scope for a uzi tactical precision carbine and do i attach a purple laser for when the aliens return" threads?

There is nothing wrong with evaluating history, focused on the SHTF scenarios of the past. There is nothing wrong with pro-actively planning to survive a similar situation.

The conclusion that one needs several dozen assault weapons and thousands of rounds of ammunition does not fit well with a well reasoned study of history.

Some bunny rabbits, chickens, a tractor, land, seed, irrigation, generators, barter goods, skills to manufacture or otherwise provide societal essentials....these come to mind as ways to live in a bad time. None require that you divest yourself from current society or assume the badge of 'crazed survivalist'. I think the correct term is 'farmer' or 'craftsman'.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike Hull</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does this include Zombie threads??
wink.gif
</div></div>

Zombie threads are different because everybody knows that zombies can be a real threat. Civil breakdown is one thing, but battling the un-dead is a whole different issue that requires special skills and equipment. </div></div>

Amen brother! The 'Zombie Survival Guide' is an essential piece of literature too! The "zombie pigs" is only the beginning of it... they just better not be able to run inexhaustibly like in the new 'Dawn of the Dead' or '28 series' or Ima cry...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: medicjim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The conclusion that one needs several dozen assault weapons and thousands of rounds of ammunition does not fit well with a well reasoned study of history.

</div></div>

What about friends and family?

Probably not a bad idea to get a little extra jerky and rice for them too while your at it.

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it's really interesting to see SHTF threads showing up on the Hide. You kinda expect it on the other sites but here...not so much. I think we probably have more LE/MIL guys here per capita than any other place. I, like most of you, have had MANY conversations with fellow gun guys talking about "revolution' and "martial law" and blah, blah, blah. This happens in every election cycle but seems to be worse now. The common denominator is the discussion of "they" or "them." I always ask, "who is they?" I have talked with our Sheriff and he said if the Feds ask him to use a heavy hand...he aint playin! He's totally a 2nd Ammend guy and plans to not participate in anything stupid. One of my good friends is a cop and he told me that if it got really stupid, he would take off his badge and put his Ghillie back on.

Am I the only one seeing this trend? </div></div>

Are you the topic Sheriff ? Let people ask what they want to. And who is to say that one day we arent invaded by a foreign group and have to defend ourselves? It has happened before it can happen again.

A lot of people use ghillie suits to hunt with you know.... its not just for weekend warriors.

We are always going to get the immature kids that come on here and want to know where they can get the guns from Call of Duty 2 and what not.

Let it go.... who cares!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mussman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This sums up a lot of things. I like to talk a big game, love my guns and my freedoms....but I love my wife and kids more. If a law was passed and someone knocked on the door: "We know you have guns and we're here to take them". Am I going down in a blaze of glory over some rifles, probably not. I want to see my kids grow up.
But .gov knocks on my door for my rifles, I'll peacefully surrender them while swearing under my breath. I should add that again, this assumes that laws are passed and .gov is involved; if it was a foreign force or some local "warlord" then there may be that blaze of glory.</div></div>

I'm sure our Founding Fathers would be proud.
</div></div>

So if tomorrow, they ban AR's and come to your door, you're going to go all Waco and Ruby Ridge in order to keep them? I'm sure you'll win that fight....and the founding fathers will be proud. The founding fathers weren't righting for their right to bear arms, they were fighting for their and their families freedom as a whole.

How much have you donated this year to the gun lobbyists, calls made, emails written? Or are you just saving the good fight until they come knocking?

I am especially fond of all of the <span style="font-weight: bold">Moron Rape</span> decals appearing everywhere now that the movie 300 is on DVD. Who is it that is being shouted to, "Come and get them" anyway? Could it be......<span style="font-weight: bold">THEM</span>?

I don't want <span style="font-weight: bold">THEM</span> anywhere near me. This is why a lot of my gear is marked <span style="font-weight: bold">US</span>...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I don't want <span style="font-weight: bold">THEM</span> anywhere near me. This is why a lot of my gear is marked <span style="font-weight: bold">US</span>... </div></div>

You never fail hahaha