• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD WTT Barrett Fieldcraft in 6.5 CM for Barrett Fieldcraft in 308 << Trade Fieldcraft for Fieldcraft

jh2785

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2021
Fort Worth, TX
Hey guys, if anyone has a Fieldcraft in .308 win and you'd like to trade for 6.5 Creedmoor then let me know. I've got a 21" 6.5 CM. Really prefer to do this in person........so if you're in Dallas / Fort Worth DFW then that's a plus. Or, if you want to just sell me the 308, I can do that too.

Thanks,
JH

^^ Anyone have a Barrett FC 308 looking to trade? I'm going to see Barrett will sell me a 308 barrel 💁‍♂️

Free bump but also a question for you. Is your draw to the Fieldcraft just that they’re hard to come by now?

I bought an 18” 6 Creed Fieldcraft from a Pawn Shop a few months ago for $1600 and ended up selling it because the bolt lift was horrendous. And now I see them sell for custom rifle price so I couldn’t figure out what the draw is towards them. They were a great value at their normal street price but this new price seems to kill the value of the rifle in my opinion. What’s your thoughts? I ended up switching to a Kimber Adirondack I got for $650 (another steal of a price).

Reactions: Whhood and jh2785
Free bump but also a question for you. Is your draw to the Fieldcraft just that they’re hard to come by now?

I bought an 18” 6 Creed Fieldcraft from a Pawn Shop a few months ago for $1600 and ended up selling it because the bolt lift was horrendous. And now I see them sell for custom rifle price so I couldn’t figure out what the draw is towards them. They were a great value at their normal street price but this new price seems to kill the value of the rifle in my opinion. What’s your thoughts? I ended up switching to a Kimber Adirondack I got for $650 (another steal of a price).
Hey there, good question. I was looking for a very light, yet well-built hunting rifle. I read about Melvin Forbes’ New Ultra Light Arms (and it being sold to Wilson Combat) and as I read up and learned about the NULA rifle, I learned about the Fieldcraft, which, other than the stock, is derived from the NULA rifle with a bedded barrel instead of free float. So I looked for a Fieldcraft and found a decent deal on one and pulled the trigger. I’ve since taken an interest in the Kimber Montana (and Mountain Ascent). Those stocks use Kevlar and are crazy light as well. I think if the FC was still in production I would have still bought one but in the 308 and at a lower price! Haha.

Hey there, good question. I was looking for a very light, yet well-built hunting rifle. I read about Melvin Forbes’ New Ultra Light Arms (and it being sold to Wilson Combat) and as I read up and learned about the NULA rifle, I learned about the Fieldcraft, which, other than the stock, is derived from the NULA rifle with a bedded barrel instead of free float. So I looked for a Fieldcraft and found a decent deal on one and pulled the trigger. I’ve since taken an interest in the Kimber Montana (and Mountain Ascent). Those stocks use Kevlar and are crazy light as well. I think if the FC was still in production I would have still bought one but in the 308 and at a lower price! Haha.
For sure I can get on board with that. I told myself if I saw another Fieldcraft for sale at a Sub $2k price, I’d scoop it up to try it again. I actually sold a Kimber Montana and scooped up an Adirondack which is essentially a Mountain Ascent with an 18” threaded barrel (I attached a pic). They’re super light! Hope you can find what you’re looking for, I have a soft spot for super light hunting rifles.

This guy is what inspired me to put together a super light build:

AC68535C-AFC0-4B38-8378-9B7A8DEE3065.jpeg

Nice rifle! Sub 6 lbs with scope. Very nice. What is your preferred caliber in the FC?
I’m fond of common calibers. So if I were to buy one for hunting I’d probably get a 308, 7mm-08, 270. Something like that. But I like to hunt suppressed so I’d like opt for the 18” threaded model if that was an option.

Reactions: jh2785
I'm curious what exactly you mean by this?
After firing (even dry firing), trying to cycle the bolt was by far the most difficult bolt lift I’ve ever encountered on a rifle. I’d be happy if someone told me that was just that individual rifle because I like the rifle otherwise.

I've never heard anyone complain similarly that I can recall. Mine certainly isn't, I'd be more inclined so say it almost opens too easily.

I've never heard anyone complain similarly that I can recall. Mine certainly isn't, I'd be more inclined so say it almost opens too easily.
Interesting, I must’ve had a lemon. I’ve never handled a rifle with as heavy as a bolt lift as mine had.

Interesting, I must’ve had a lemon. I’ve never handled a rifle with as heavy as a bolt lift as mine had.
Yes that's interested; mine just struck me as snug and normal. Maybe it was slightly off on yours which in metals....slight = very different feeling. Btw, great deal you got on that Adirondack! If I find a Montana that I like and not 15 - 20 years old and beat up, I may sell off the FC. I think the Kimber ticks all the boxes......plus they're easier to come by. I'd like to go on an elk hunt one day and I think I'd pick up a used 270 WSM in the Kimber for that excursion

Reactions: bmicek
Bump for this. Would also be down to trade a Daniel Defense Delta 5 Pro .308 with only 40 rds down the barrel.

Sorry for the lack of clarification- I was saying I’d trade my DD .308 for a Fieldcraft with an 18” threaded barrel

Thank you for the interest, gentlemen. I just snagged a 308 FC. Literally just paid for it.....like 4 min ago. I'm going to mark this closed. Thank you,