• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up WV Panhandle

GUNNER10

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2005
Va
Most of this is a cross post from ar15, but is anybody in the area?

Ok,

Finally sold the wife on idea of moving to the panhandle vs silver Springs or bethesda maryland and taking the marc in to dc 3 days a week for work.

We will be coming from the Baltimore/aberdeen.

She works for the government in DC. I am staying overseas for a bit.

So we have been through the area alot on the way to the cabin that we go to in Elkins. Unfortunately we have never really spent time there.

So what's martinsburg like, we have 2 young boys age 1.5 and 3.5 and are considering an older federal style townhouse in the city/town.

Will probably buy a good bit of land a few years down the road. Just want to get a quick rundown of the area.

how are the schools and crime and all that other kind of stuff.

Thanks guys

While I've never lived there, I've had two co-workers tell me crime living in Martinsburg sucks and if it's not bolted down outside consider it donated to an opioid junkie. I'd check out crime maps before you move for sure. That area does have Peacemaker for shooting though which isn't bad at all. Good luck!