• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

WV/southeast OH Shooter

bigjake722003

Private
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2010
Elizabeth, WV
Relatively new to forum and long range shooting. I live around the Parkersburg area looking for a range within a few hours. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Re: WV/southeast OH Shooter

Rayner's Range
There is a match at Rayner's on the 4th Sunday of every month through Oct. or you can call them to shoot on a non-match day. Events are typically posted in the Competition section of this forum. Targets out to 1,000 yards.

Thunder Valley Precision keeps a schedule posted on here in the Competition section. Here is their thread and schedule http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2335387#Post2335387
It changes from time to time, so check it every now and then. Steel targets go out to a mile if you really want to stretch it out. There are also target boards set up for benchrest at 600 and 1,000 yards.

There are some pictures from both ranges in the threads on this board if you do a little searching.

Definitely, TVP is the place to be if you live in Parkersburg!!! Never been to Rayner's, but I try to shoot at TVP almost every weekend. You won't find anything like it, dare I say, in the country.

TVP sounds like a great place. I can find too much info it seems their site is down. If anyone can give info as far as shooting steel there, range hours, fees and how crowded it usually is I would really appreciate it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J. Villers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TVP sounds like a great place. I can find too much info it seems their site is down. If anyone can give info as far as shooting steel there, range hours, fees and how crowded it usually is I would really appreciate it. </div></div>

Matches start @ 10. Usually 10 - 20 shooters. $30 for a non member. $20 for a member. Membership is $50 annually. Ranges shot on the Intimadator, 276 - 1165 yds. 48 shots max unless you engage the 1650 yd bonus target then, bring 3 extra.

Headhunter is 20 shots, 20 bullets. Max range is 650 yards.

OK. Good info but I should have specified more, I am wondering if I go up on say a Tuesday how crowded and how much. That is if they are even on through the week. I dont think im ready for a competition yet.

Just show up to a match. You'll learn A LOT more that way. Trust me.

Show up M-R, you'll most likely have the place to yourself and might not find many of the targets. Call Tom and see when he can accomidate you.

You can stay after a match and shoot till dark as well.

M - Monday
T - Tuesday
W - Wednesday
R - Thursday

M - R is Monday through Thursday

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Rayner's Range
There is a match at Rayner's on the 4th Sunday of every month through Oct. or you can call them to shoot on a non-match day. Events are typically posted in the Competition section of this forum. Targets out to 1,000 yards.

There are some pictures from both ranges in the threads on this board if you do a little searching. </div></div>

Rayners also allows shooting on their range thru the week. A call to him is usually all it takes. We're planning on trying to get down this coming week if weather allows for some sight tweaking before the match this month. Fee for practice day is $10.00.

Some views of his range and some shooters on a match day are on on the video clips below my name. Lots of views of the various targets at some of the stations. The second flick is at a match. Multiple shooting stations with benches if needed for us wussy types that need them but lots of room for prone also.

Don't let a match stop you from showing up to shoot. You'll learn a lot on match day at either range and if you wish you'll get plenty of help from the others to help you along.

Topstrap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">M - Monday
T - Tuesday
W - Wednesday
R - Thursday

M - R is Monday through Thursday </div></div>

In what language does R mean Thursday??? What am I missing?

It's the college abriviation for class schedules. Was my class on T or T ?