• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WW2 Training/dummy round 3-inch

Blackhawk 1

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Not sure if this is a good place to post this and will move should I need to. Bought these at an estate sale. I don’t know much about about these and I am going to post them for sale after I do a little research.

Attachments

• IMG_4344.jpeg
    IMG_4344.jpeg
    886.7 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_4343.jpeg
    IMG_4343.jpeg
    741.4 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_4342.jpeg
    IMG_4342.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 128
Nice find. These usually sell for around 2bills each. I apply chain wax to the metal on mine to keep it from rusting.

Very nice score!

The crate is probably worth more than the rounds! The rounds are pretty common. And yes, a couple of hundred each is not unusual. Common souvenir and "mustering out" gift. So there are a lot of them out there.

But the Crates... damn I don't think I've seen one outside a museum! Very, very cool! Fantastic find!!!!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Very nice score!

The crate is probably worth more than the rounds! The rounds are pretty common. And yes, a couple of hundred each is not unusual. Common souvenir and "mustering out" gift. So there are a lot of them out there.

But the Crates... damn I don't think I've seen one outside a museum! Very, very cool! Fantastic find!!!!

Cheers,

Sirhr
Thanks, after cleaning up and looking closer these have navy marking and are from 1944. I was lucky enough to find a local person to buy these from me. The buyer has a small museum displaying firearms and will put these on display

Reactions: 6.5SH and Modoc