• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wyatt Follower for 300 RUM vs 300 PRC

Northern Viking

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2019
Hi there, working on my Remington 700 in 300 RUM, has some decent mods and is shooting well but I had a Wyatts extended mag box kit installed (machined the rear to fit the extended box) and there has been some challenges with sometimes a little stove piping of the rounds. If the action is cycled quickly, usually no issue but on a slower cycle the top round( when 2 are in the magazine) sometimes ejects a bit too quickly. Another gent on here suggested playing with the feed rails on the mag box, and it is making progress. Anyways I just noticed the follower says "PRC" ??? Is the follower the same for a 300 RUM? or did the local guy ship the incorrect follower?

Google the SAAMI specs. If the cases are about the same diameter, length, and taper they will work.

This applies across the board.

Did that, kind of a close but are they close enough deal?? Its the length of the body of the case that I think is different.