• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wyatt's Detachable Magazine Assemblies

WT1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
Has anyone had any experience with Wyatt's detachable magazine assemblies? They are on sale 10 percent off right now at S's Stocks ($225.81 before shipping with 10 round mag). Was wondering if they are drop-in on a Bell & Carlson medalist or long range stock and how they work?

Are there any comparably priced alternatives for a Rem 700 SA stock setup?

Thanks.

Before dropping my 700 in an AICS, I used a Wyatts detachable magazine setup in a Bell and Carlson stock. It was a drop in fit and in my case, required zero work to get it feeding correctly.

My only criticism is with the 223 magazine, the rounds would tend to nose down when loading as the follower wasn't self leveling. No issues with feeding and shooting though.

I had a Wyatt on Rem 700p (300WM), moved it to my sons 700 varmint. Easy install (dont forget spacers) and works reliably

I'm pretty sure the spacers were included, but I sold mine when I sold the mag setup and bell and Carlson stock years ago.

I don't think my setup required the spacers though.

Saw somewhere that you can only use Wyatt Mags with the arrangement. Is there another brand of bottom metal and magazines that is more universal?

Last edited:
Only uses Wyatt Mags. They cost about same and work well, so dont see that a bug deal, maybe to you though. Spacers are used if bottom metal is interfering. Included and instructions on use.

I guess I'd use a DBM mag assembly that doesn't require inletting if one exists, other than Wyatt's. Otherwise, it looks like CDI or Pacific Tool and Gauge. Badger has a good setup but you have to send your stock to them as well.

Reactions: R.Schirmer
If you read the last few reviews, it looks kind of like this is a drop in unit on an HS Precision stock: http://pacifictoolandgauge.com/remin...l-bdl-dbm.html

Stopped in a local shop that does builds to see what they had. Someone had brought in an HS Precision Stock and one of these to have a barrel matched with and he showed me it popped right in in to the HS Precision stock.

That's nice because it is about half of the price of the Wyatt's.

Then I found this video from Stocky's on Yootoob https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkGpI_dPMAM and it appears they now only make them in an M5 configuration but they have them for SA 700's. Also less expensive than the Wyatt's.

From their web site though it looks like they dropped the M4 for the M5 which he explains is a bit more mil-spec: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFCCqigzdFo

Last edited:
If you look on this page at Stocky's, though, where they offer stock and mag combos, they only match up Rem 700 BDL style stocks with Wyatt's and HS Precision stocks with HS precision DBMs. I think I will telephone them and see if the M5 is a drop-in on the 700 BDL, though I doubt it.
https://www.stockysstocks.com/package-deals/stock-and-detachable-magazine-combos.html

It is not. M5 is a different inlet than BDL.. The Wyatt's bottom metal is ok, but the mags are lose and wiggle a lot. The PTG bolt in BDL, is a giant pice of shit. You will end up inletting to make it feed, then you will be stuck looking for AW mags. I would get an M5 metal and get the stock insetted. Actually I guess after I did everything I mentioned, I switched to the Manner's DBM mini chassis stocks.

Anybody ever run a 223 Ackeley Improved out of the Wyatts 223Rem magazine?

With the 2.850" COAL there would be no need to single load the long 90gr bullets.

Thanks

It is not. M5 is a different inlet than BDL.. The Wyatt's bottom metal is ok, but the mags are lose and wiggle a lot. The PTG bolt in BDL, is a giant pice of shit. You will end up inletting to make it feed, then you will be stuck looking for AW mags. I would get an M5 metal and get the stock insetted. Actually I guess after I did everything I mentioned, I switched to the Manner's DBM mini chassis stocks.

Supercorndogs, curious as to why you believe the PTG bolt-in is a super piece of you know what? Is that because you purchased one and tried to install it "drop-in" and found out it wasn't? What type of stock was it? What happened.

Supercorndogs, curious as to why you believe the PTG bolt-in is a super piece of you know what? Is that because you purchased one and tried to install it "drop-in" and found out it wasn't? What type of stock was it? What happened.

The PTG bolt in BDL, is a giant pice of shit. You will end up inletting to make it feed, then you will be stuck using AW mags.

Sorry I don't know how that got auto corrected like that. No the "bolt in BDL," does not drop in fit and feed, The worst part about the metal is the AW mags. AW mags suck in the 700 action. Its not that the metal is shit, the system is shit. If you are going to have to inlet anyway, get a PTG M5, and run with AI mags, they feed great, they don't auto eject all the shells through the top of the action sometimes, and they are cheap and easy to find. Go price to 2 AW mags VS 2 Magpul AI mags and you already paid to have the stock inletted for the M5.

OK, I get it. I may just purchase the Ammo Boost for now as I won't hunt with the extended mag anyway. Can't where I live. And I'll just take the extended mag system out when I'm not competing. That's one thing about inletting a stock for an extended mag system if you can't use the mag when hunting. That just occurred to me.