• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wyatts DetMag

SpookM14

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2012
Mountain West
Hey guys I was looking online and found this brand of bottom metal. I am looking more into the CDI bottom metal but I was just wondering if these were any good as well. Any help or reviews would be much appreciated. Thanks

I actually bought this stuff, a five round box. If your on a tight budget, it will work, but you get what you pay for. The mag itself is a pain to load, the more you do it the easier, but. If you insert it on an open bolt, it goes in far enough you can't close the bolt. If you're used to the lever type release, this will throw you for a loop also. It'll get the job done, and it will single feed where others wont.
I wouldn't outright recommend it, but I wouldn't take 1 persons advice either.

I had one as well, I only wanted DBM so I could quickly unload my rifle during Antelope hunts (getting in and out of my Jeep). The pro is the system bolts right into your stock. The con is they are a pain in the ass to load, really. At the range I just ended up single loading the rifle anyway, so its real purpose was for hunting. Also they are single stack so the mag sticks down pretty far, the 10 round is simply ridiculous. If you want a no smith type DBM look for an HS precision, the older one sat about flush with the bottom , the newer sticks down a little. They are 3 rounds, I believe.

Other than that, go with an AI type, i/e CDI, Badger, PTG...

I have both the .308 and .223 versions of this mag system and have no complaints. I have had the .308 version for quite a while and have never had an issue with it. I don't find the magazines to be excessively hard to load and they are high quality magazines. I like the mag release being inside the trigger guard as it lessens the chance of dropping the mag when exiting a vehicle or getting it caught on gear. The 10 round .308 mag is longer than an AI mag, but not excessively so. it doesn't touch the ground between my Harris bipod and the toe of the stock. Another thing that I really like is both the 5 round .308 mag and the 10 round .223 mag fit perfectly in the pouch on a Triad stock pack. Both the .223 and .308 versions allow a COAL of 2.85". The bottom metal is machined aluminum and the magazines are steel, IMO this is far better than the pot metal BM on factory Remingtons. I think this mag system is a good alternative to the Badger clones for people who don't want to send their guns off to be fitted.

Last edited:
I have one on my 700 SPSS with bell and Carlson stock I was worried about loading it from others reviews but I find it pretty easy it loads like most pistol mags from the front not the top. It feeds perfect for me every time and single feeding is no problem either. The mags are well built not cheap metal feel real solid. The 10 round mags are pretty long but do not interfere with prone shooting so if you don't want to reload often there nice. I would recommend it.

Well I really appreciate all your advice guys. I just found out that the bottom metal of the FN I just bought from a guy on this forum is a DBM which means I can use FN mags. I will have to do some research on these mags to see if they are good to go, but if not ill make the dive to CDI which im sure I wont regret except for the price of the mags of course...