• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

wyoming matches

Re: wyoming matches

I just moved to town a month ago. Where are you talking about and what kind of match is it?

Didnt know Gillette had rifle matches, anyone have a link???

But there is a 2 gun match at Spearfish SD Sunday. I alreay got lined up for that one.

I'll swap you the match list for Spearfish for a list of matches in Gillette.

Lander has great matches if anyone is in that part of the state.

Also if anyone is interested I'll be putting on a High Power/GSM clinic the 22nd of Sept. I haven't finished the program yet but if interested PM me.

I'd love to get out and spectate. Gotta work... I have never been to a shooting comp before. If you are headed out there, good luck.

$600 per team???

That's a bit pricy. I think I'll pass and continue with my plans of shooting the Spearfish 2 gun match. The entry fee is $5 and $3 for a second gun.

just got back from the match it was a tactical rifle match the were shooting from a helocopter and some long range shooting.the event i watched was a 2 man shoot 1 guy with a carbine shooting to about 200yrds at 10 targets as soon as he was donethe other shooter was taking out a target at about 530.first team to hit all targets wins match.it was very interesting and really cool to see all the nice guns.i do belive it was called itra championship. international tactical rifle.was the first time i have been to any sort of comp and i think i wanto try it.damn this gun stuff...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: motodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just got back from the match it was a tactical rifle match the were shooting from a helocopter and some long range shooting.the event i watched was a 2 man shoot 1 guy with a carbine shooting to about 200yrds at 10 targets as soon as he was donethe other shooter was taking out a target at about 530.first team to hit all targets wins match.it was very interesting and really cool to see all the nice guns.i do belive it was called itra championship. international tactical rifle.was the first time i have been to any sort of comp and i think i wanto try it.damn this gun stuff... </div></div>

me and my buddy did it this year for the first time and it was awesome. we will def be doing it again (next time with a little more pratice). This was the first comp for both of us and what we learned in 3 days was more than we have learned in a year. oh and fyi the team vs team that you saw was the boring part of the comp the other stuff you do blows that away!

I don't know if its the same match. I mentioned skipping it for a 2 gun match in Spearfish. From what I understand from talking to a guy about the Gillette match I'm glad I did.

I mentioned the entry fees, now from what I under stand, that wasn't the only reason I can't shoot in Gillette. The main reason is I'M TOO FRIGGIN OLD. I understand this is a young man's match. Apparently (from what I'm told) you got to move over a course of about 4 miles, rather briskly, carrying everything, shooting each of 95 (or so targets) with two hits each. Also heard there was one hill that was an a$$ kicker.

Sounds like a good, fun match FOR THE YOUNG GUYS, maybe 40 years ago but not at 63. Also this week end the temps pushed near 100 degrees.

Kiddos for those who can handle it, but its not for this old has been. No sir, I'll set in the shade and wait for my time to shoot, then back to the shade for a gallon of water.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know if its the same match. I mentioned skipping it for a 2 gun match in Spearfish. From what I understand from talking to a guy about the Gillette match I'm glad I did.

I mentioned the entry fees, now from what I under stand, that wasn't the only reason I can't shoot in Gillette. The main reason is I'M TOO FRIGGIN OLD. I understand this is a young man's match. Apparently (from what I'm told) you got to move over a course of about 4 miles, rather briskly, carrying everything, shooting each of 95 (or so targets) with two hits each. Also heard there was one hill that was an a$$ kicker.

Sounds like a good, fun match FOR THE YOUNG GUYS, maybe 40 years ago but not at 63. Also this week end the temps pushed near 100 degrees.

Kiddos for those who can handle it, but its not for this old has been. No sir, I'll set in the shade and wait for my time to shoot, then back to the shade for a gallon of water. </div></div>

Its the same match. ALOT of running/moving quickly. The more in shape you are the better life will be. Everything is timed and the 2 long range courses were 1.5 miles long with 7 "areas" to engage targets in and both had to be done in under 2 hours (we had 7 seconds to spare on one of them). The high volume course i believe only two teams made it to the end this year and yes there were some good hills to climb. Im in decent shape and am wore out from thoes 3 days.

Oh man I hate I missed that. Nice to see there are so many SH members in the same town I just moved to.

Reminds me of a movie.

<span style="font-weight: bold">NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN</span>