• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Wyoming Move Help

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2007
Glacier Valley Alaska
We are still planning on moving but we are in discussion on where. It will be either Montana or Wyoming so far but who knows, I got lots on intel of Montana but not too much for Wyoming. I think Wyoming will be cheaper to live and is the sole reason for us to leave Alaska.

Looking at somewhere between Sheridan and Caspar but will take any intel of your OA. The intel I seek is taxes the #1 reason to move to anywhere, housing cost, cost of living (food cost), average cost utilities, crime and of course gun laws and areas to shoot. I would also like a simple job to help with income and insanity, preferable a gun shop. Fly fishing, small game hunting is a positive too. My youngest son is a dead on archer and bow tuner and he plans to go with us so any intel here too.

We were leaving Sept but I think we may push this back to April so we can travel all next summer around the states before settling to one area. But the Mrs says, if need be...push it all on the front lawn with a free sign, leave the keys and motor south.

Thanks for helping a brother out.

Re: Wyoming Move Help

look into the thermopolis area, the big horn river has awesome flyfishing, as well as other year round hunting oportunities. We're not far from a major reservior, if you're into the ice fishing thing. Cost of living is relatively low here compared to other places I've lived. Stay away from the boom town areas like casper, gillette, rock springs, or pinedale. Cost of living around the highly industrialised coal/gas/oil areas is out of control. Find a compromise between convenience and remote.