• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing wyoming turkey hunt

motodog

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2009
gillette wy
went on my first turkey hunt today in clairmont wy.we stopped in town to take some pictures of the pile of strutting toms that were all over the place and met a local guy by the name of gary roebling.what a very cool guy.just wanted to say thanks gary for having one hell of a hunt.this rancher went out of his way and took most of his only day off and guided a friend and i all over his ranch in his truck so we could get a bird.its so cool to see that there are people like this guy and his wonderful wife out in this world still that give a crap about us hunters.gary wouldnt accept anything in return for his time or generosity.what a great couple to run into.oh yea i got my bird.

Re: wyoming turkey hunt

What no pics of your bird? I was just curious to see what color of tips it had, them Wyoming birds are like some of ours, prettiest bird in the country.

Gary is a great guy, one of the top guys to go sheep hunting with in WY too !

He has some nice deer on the wall too....

His wife is a nurse here in Buffalo, great gal.

I was huge into turkey hunting, having grown up in GA.

I have gotten out of it, since I got out of the Army, and moving here to where my wife grew up. My in-laws do not have any on the ranch, and the ranchers I know that have offered to let myself and my sons come on are very generous, it is just such a long way to travel with my schedule.

Congrats on the bird!