• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Wyoming Unit 9

Remsen

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2006
Northern California (occupied)
A friend and I are heading out to Wyoming Unit 9 (around Lusk) for antelope on the opener. If anyone has advice on the walk in areas that have good prospects I'd like to hear more. Thanks.

Re: Wyoming Unit 9

Call the Wyoming Fish and Game office and have them send you a "Fall 2010 & Spring 2011 Walk-in Area Hunting Atlas".

Walk in Area 13 has over 12K acres plus is surrounded by public land which you can also hunt on. All with in Ant. Area 9.

Also get a BLM map for Niobrara County, you want a map that covers manville and Keeline. Be sure you stay north of Hwy 18/20.

The Walk In Pamplet I mentioned above is quite informative.

Lusk Walk in Areas

Re: Wyoming Unit 9

Thanks, I have the Walk In Area map and have been scouting things via Google Earth but was looking for specific advice on the walk in areas that are on that map. Your advice on staying north of 18/20 is exactly the type of info I'm looking for, as I've never been in that part of the state. Thanks again.