• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

X-Caliber Barrels. Very happy

bkw1911

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2011
Queen Creek, AZ
Just thought I'd give X-Caliber some love. I got my first barrel from them on my AR in 20 practical. Its been a hammer. After that I picked up a 223AI and a 260Rem for Tikka's and now have a 6.5Creed on the way. The 223AI has been shooting one small hole about every single outing and has been excellent out to 1K using the 75gr ELD at 3000fps on a 21" barrel. I haven't spent much time with the 260 yet, but it shot great during load development. I've got an XLR element for it that will be here Monday and i'll get some more time behind it. So far it has been showing good results. The 20 Practical has shot well at 100yds on paper and been a champ on steel out to 700yds and killed quite a few coyotes. It runs the 39gr Blitzkings at 3650fps. Just figured I'd give a heads up to anyone that was hesitant to try a new brand.

223AI & 260REM Tikkas

VMDueMA.jpg

260 in Load Development

JiS4auS.jpg

B6MDRdq.jpg

223AI everytime

QeVOcyA.jpg

5dTtHHE.jpg

20 Practical AR

6porhay.jpg

Ive heard great things about these barrels. Got a buddy who uses one in 6.5CM and it shoots as good as any other top tier barrel, and it cost him less dough. Im thinking about Xcaliber for my next barrel.

Got my light barreled 6.5 Creedmoor on another Tikka action in a McMillan Gamescout. Quite happy. I used some old creed loads to sight in on the center target, then began load development. Top left was the start, then top right, then bottom left. Groups went .5", then .25", then .2". Not pictured was the final group that was a little hot with a little ejector swipe and sticky bolt and it measured about .75". All groups were 4 shots. Looks like another winner. Bullet was the hornady 143gr ELDX. Gonna go with load number 3. Gonna chrono it this week and then take it out to some distance.

8wh6NYpl.jpg

I have one with zero complaints. Ordered it online, waited the advertised amount of time and like magic it showed up one day with no dick sucking back and forth.

Did you guys go with any of the treatment options? Cryogenic and/or nitride?

3 or 6 groove on the .223ai??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What groove and twist rate for your .223ai?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk