• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors X frame 4 processing Supressor pprwrk..grrrrrrrr

michael sr.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2008
Omaha, Nebraska
Delivery Confirmation:
12-14-08.
01-14-09
02-14-09
Two months ++

Called today: "pending!"

Question: "Pending, what does pending mean?"

Ans: "We have assigned it"

Question: "Is there a time frame?"

Ans: "We are not giving out that information"

But they got the $200 bucks!

frown.gif
frown.gif

Re: X frame 4 processing Supressor pprwrk..grrrrrrrr

The check being cashed has nothing to do with your approval. From reading around, it's about 12 weeks for form 4s. But I have read that some people are getting them back faster then that. 12 weeks is the norm right now.

Maybe if they cashed the check only after their process ended...might speed up events...after all how many son's-of-sam: submitt paper wrk for a backgrounds check, spend $200 E-tax, get finger printed, pictures taken....

just...annoyed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: michael sr.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe if they cashed the check only after their process ended...might speed up events...after all how many son's-of-sam: submitt paper wrk for a backgrounds check, spend $200 E-tax, get finger printed, pictures takes....

just...annoyed. </div></div>

show me the money is their motto,your lucky your looking at 12 weeks tops my friend,my first one took 6 months and some have taken years,this was awhile ago.Now they have streamlined it somewhat and 12 weeks total should be max.Best thing to do is sit back and wait and wait and wait.You send your form in and in about 5-10 days they cash your check.What does this mean,nothing,just that they have your money.About 4-6 weeks(more in some cases) it goes pending and maybe another month or two for approval.You have to remember that this is an entry level job and their is a turnaround rate,their have been some oletimers their as well.Dawn Henson approved my first one in 05' and from what I can tell she is still their.

More ya call, the longer it takes. Just taking people away from the job at hand.

yeah they take the money up front.

they are pleasant to deal with, atleast the ones I have talked to. Great to help out with legalities when I have a question about it.

You can see below what my times were.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More ya call, the longer it takes. Just taking people away from the job at hand.</div></div>

This is not true unless you are getting transferred to the examiner. There is someone now who can tell you the status (In the system/Pending/Approved) of your paperwork w/o bothering the examiners.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More ya call, the longer it takes. Just taking people away from the job at hand.

</div></div>

not true!

Depends on who you end up talking to.

I have gotten transferred directly to an examiner when all other lines are busy.

I was calling about an SBR setup and got transferred to them....

So, in a round about way it is true.

....and the more you call looking for updates the more frustrated you feel. When it comes, it comes.

the only one who gets instant gratification is the dealer you buy from as he gets his $$$ right away. as said above the waits were about six months awhile back. my best was over the summer 26 days from start to in my hands.

3 months from when your check clears the bank is the norm. Fretting about it does nothing. The only thing that makes the time go faster is to buy something new every couple of weeks then after you get through the initial 3 month wait you get a new present approved every couple of weeks.

Staffing levels at NFA is either the same or less, and silencer sales have been 3 fold any other year since the 10yrs I have been selling them. I sold 2 on Saturday just walking around the Fremont gun show and I did not have a table. People just walked up and stuffed money in my pocket and told me to order something. All of this and two states MO and KS this year allowed silencers they have never been able to have before so that's a lot more transfers to process.