• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing x-mark - do all have adjustable trigger screws?

Red Ryder

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
I bought a rifle and the ad stated the rifle had an x-mark trigger. Now the box it came in, and all the enclosed documentation, stated it was an x-mark. So, since I never saw an x-mark, I assumed it <span style="font-style: italic">was</span> an x-mark. I just got done watching a youtube video produced by Remington. The spokesman said that all x-marks have an adjustable trigger shoe screw. My trigger surely does <span style="text-decoration: underline">not</span> have such a screw.

My question to you is, have all x-marks always had adjustable trigger shoe screws? Or, am I the one that got screwed?

As always, thanks for your experienced and wise comments.

Re: x-mark - do all have adjustable trigger screws?

x-mark pro has the external adjustment. You did not get screwed, that external screw is irritating, the more you lighten the trigger pull, the more it sticks out and can be felt by your finger.

Either way, you can always upgrade to a Timney and just sell your trigger.

As Elvis used to say (and some of us believes he still does),

Thank ya'..thank ya' very mush.
laugh.gif

The last new Rem700 that I purchased was one of the special Dick's "ADL Varmint" versions, and it was touted as having an X-Mark <span style="font-style: italic">Pro</span> trigger (italics added for emphasis). Guess what? No external adjustment on the trigger shoe, but the tag claims that it is "gunsmith adjustable" (meaning that the pull weight can still be adjusted using the screw on the front of the trigger housing).