• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

X-Mark Pro & J-lock

JCB

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2006
Tennessee
Couple of questions about everyone's favorite trigger and everyone's favorite safety/security feature...

I just picked up a new 700 ADL Varmint and the trigger guard had a tag on it that says the trigger is an X-Mark Pro. However, the trigger does not have the externally adjustable screw nor was a tool included for the adjustment. Are there different versions of the X-Mark Pro? Is mine adjustable by some other method or not adjustable?

Also, did Remington do away with the J-lock? This gun is new and does not have the J-lock which I saw as a plus.

Re: X-Mark Pro & J-lock

I have the same rifle, assuming you bought it at Dick's Sports. The trigger adjustment is on the front of the trigger assembly when you take the barrel action out of the stock. It is not externally adjustable. I believe the version with the allen screw on the trigger itself is the 40-X trigger, but I could be wrong. My rifle does not have the J-lock either.

Yes, there are two versions of the X trigger. The one with the bottom adjustment is just a home owner adjustable version. It still has the real adjustment in the front of the trigger box. Any weight reduction you get from the bottom screw is minimal.

I'm not sure when they did away with the J lock, but it's been a few years.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. I see now that the trigger is the old style X-mark and needs to be removed from the stock to make any adjustments.