• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing X-mark Pro Trigger adjustment

Jicko

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2006
San Diego, CA
I backed THE "screw" out quite far, and the weight is still a little heavy.... is that the way it is? My 700PSS has a much lighter pull weight...

Re: X-mark Pro Trigger adjustment

I got my XMP down to about 2lbs, but it still sucked. I sold it on CG.net for $40 and bought a Timney, it is much nicer at 1.5lbs

P.S. Plus the Timney didnt break the bank, it cost me $145 shipped and pre adjusted direct from Timney. I got the nickel plated model BTW.

I will get a Rifle Basix later, I just need to make this work for now... until my Stiller is here.

If the weight screw is out as far as it will go and still have spring tension the only way you are going to make it lighter is to lessen the sear engagement. This screw is glued shut and will take a little doing to get it loose. If you mess with the sear engagement screw know what you are doing otherwise you can make an unsafe trigger.

I found my adjustment of a couple months back had creeped back up to 4 pounds from the original 2.25-2.5 when I first did it. I did not lacquer or seal it at the time. Last night I started to readjust it again and found if I backed it out too far, it locked up the safety and in fact would not work at all. I had to settle for just over 2 lbs. and, after repeating the safety tests, sealed it with a dab of clear lacquer.

Any one else found the trigger locking up when the screw is backed out too far?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found my adjustment of a couple months back had creeped back up to 4 pounds from the original 2.25-2.5 when I first did it. I did not lacquer or seal it at the time. Last night I started to readjust it again and found if I backed it out too far, it locked up the safety and in fact would not work at all. I had to settle for just over 2 lbs. and, after repeating the safety tests, sealed it with a dab of clear lacquer.

Any one else found the trigger locking up when the screw is backed out too far? </div></div>

It does that by design to keep you from going to low. It's a Remington thing.

Thanks Hate!,

I figured that was the case as it breaks nicely at just over 2 lbs and that is plenty low enough for me at my present state of skill!

Any one have a link they can post explaning on how to adjust the trigger?? Is it like the old Remington trigger? Thanks

You might try the following link:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...5566#Post615566

I adjusted the new X-Mark Pro on my Rem 5R without issues. Just remove the gunk on the trigger adjustment screw with a dental pick, back out the screw to lighten the trigger pull, test it for safety, put nail enamel back on it, and put rifle back together.

Edited to add: When you read the article in the link... note that there is no need to take the trigger assembly off the action if all you are doing is adjusting the trigger pull.

I have adjusted 2 Xmark triggers...

The first I was able to get to 28 ounces...I adjusted all 3 screws and ended up at that weight and no creep or overtravel. And this is the trigger that will stay in my Tactical...I've squeezed them all over the years...and this one is as good as any of them, even if it is a "fluke"...I like it.

And yes....if you get the sear engagement too far off it will lock the trigger up.

The 2nd one was not quite as cooperative...but it still ended up at a nice crisp 38 ounces and just a tad of overtravel (could not get it out for some reason...)

Ridge I have managed to get mine to a whisker over 2 lbs as read on my RCBS scale. I likey. Definitely would not let me go any lower and still work though.

I just tried mine.. I cant get it to break past 3 lbs.. Looks like ill be investing in a timny in no time now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CK_32</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just tried mine.. I cant get it to break past 3 lbs.. Looks like ill be investing in a timny in no time now. </div></div>

+1. Even with the screw taken all the way out still a little over 3lbs on mine

May I recommend a proper X Mark trigger adjustment?...

garbagecan_RGB.jpg

I've played with 2 of them. Adjusting all 3 screws 1 of them is great while the other is absolute crap. From what I've read and my little bit of experience with them they seem to be hit n miss as to what you can get out them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">May I recommend a proper X Mark trigger adjustment?...

garbagecan_RGB.jpg
</div></div>

Thats some funny shit, I read this as I am sitting hear trying to adjust mine. I am thinkin its time for a Timney 510

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LongArm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">May I recommend a proper X Mark trigger adjustment?...

garbagecan_RGB.jpg
</div></div>

Thats some funny shit, I read this as I am sitting hear trying to adjust mine. I am thinkin its time for a Timney 510 </div></div>
Yes perfect place for the xmark. I got rid of mine and got Timney's. Very nice.

I once got an XMP trigger on a gun from GAP. It was adjusted to perfection @ 2 lb. In retrospect, I should have kept it, but I didn't know any better and got a Jewel.

If you know what you are doing, it is a fine trigger.