• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing X mark trigger adjustment???

xxsjj2007xx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2009
Walworth, Wisconsin
Have you guys adjusted an x mark trigger? I want to get a new trigger but for the time being and $$, I need to wait. Any help would be greatly appreciated and pics even better. Thanks.

Re: X mark trigger adjustment???

I'll be nice about it, you might not be so lucky with other folks replies. Please use the search function for the entire forum, it's been talked to death here any just about all other rifle related forums.

Welcome to the Hide.

+ 1 on the search
However, I will fast track you.
DSCN0070.jpg

The picture shows the only screw that one has to adjust for the X-mark{at the tip of the pen}
Take a pick,razor blade or whatever and dig the glue out of the screw.
Give this screw a twist and a half out.
This should get to around 3lbs. if the trigger was factory set @ 5lbs.
I say only one and a half because frankly in my opinion if this trigger is set lower then eratic behavior begins.
After this leave the saftey off and cycle the bolt atleast dozens of times very roughly to see if the pin drops.
Slam the butt of the rifle on a hard surface also.

The next step is to put a few bucks in a jar every week for when this trigger needs to be replaced ,you will know when it happens.
If you are doing your dry fire exercises, like you should, it is a matter of time.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...9003#Post999003

Thanks for the info and sorry to beat a dead horse to fu@*#^% death. But thanks for the respectful shut up.

No prob. bud
Now its your job to square others away when they ask.
Thats how it should work anyways.

don't forget to put more shit on the screw after you set it or it will back all the way out. i don't think your an idiot but one never knows. case in point when i first got my 700p my father in law told me to thoroughly clean it. i seperated the barrled action from the stock and got all the crud off of it with break clean. little did i know that brake clean will also take the epoxy off the screw. for a while i just thought my trigger was braking in as the pull was getting lighter and lighter until i asked then found out what happened. took it back apart and epoxy'd it after checking like wirehand says

One can set them lighter than 3lbs. But it does get kind of sparatic in different tempratures.