• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater X-Men First Class?

Exemer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2010
Just saw the preview for the new xmen movie, to me it looks like it has FAIL writen all over it. Honestly the entire series has grown stupid and cheesey. I hope that they can just leave it to the comics or atleast to cartoons cause i felt like killing myself watching wolverine movie. So much fail, its just painful

Re: X-Men First Class?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Exemer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just saw the preview for the new xmen movie, to me it looks like it has FAIL writen all over it. Honestly the entire series has grown stupid and cheesey. I hope that they can just leave it to the comics or atleast to cartoons cause i felt like killing myself watching wolverine movie. So much fail, its just painful </div></div>I have a couple of boys between 12 and 9 so they are already begging to see it. I have kind of gotten down on the entire genre at this point.

We just wrapped the visual effects for this and from what I can tell this may be the best of the X-Men franchise. But don't blame me if you recognize some missiles from the 1980s in this circa-1962 film - I showed up too late to point out the error
wink.gif

It would seem they're a smidge early on the SR-71 I just saw in the trailer. It didn't come around until 1964.

It plays into the plot a bit - also, this one is VTOL with passenger windows. Check it out in the trailer...

I think the super hero genre is cool for special effects and the concept of out of this world abilities. I never go into one of these movies expecting a gripping plot that has the possibility of blowing my mind. Take them for what they are.

Ha...awesome! Go see it!

Exemer, I guess we saw different trailers. Christ, it has Magneto sucking a nuc sub out of the water and what looks like the Hellfire Club crying havoc and unleashing the dogs of war... and... and... it, it, it has... J-J-January J-J-Jones (drool, drool) all sexed up in tight, white leather. Win, win. Let the summer begin.

My contribution involves that sub and a beach
wink.gif

Saw this and it was very solid. A fun flick and, for me anyway, tied up some loose ends. A great cameo too that I won't spoil.

Worth seeing but only because it fills in the story of the other movies and holy cow did they have some major errors. I thought it was just so so and while it had a good story and because I never followed the comics it filled in the gaps for me but it never really drew me in like most movies do. Also all of the mutants had pretty boring 'same old' powers. You had a dude who could disappear like the blue circus guy from previous X-men, you had a red flashy shit shooter like Cyclops, a weather controller and another telepathic so that was pretty lame.

Who knew they had car phones in the '40s?

It was the 60s and yes, they had radio car phones in those days - mostly limited to the government though. There were plenty of errors and I almost feel like a dick for showing up as the new guy on the crew as the film was wrapping, saying "oh hey, those Tomahawk and Sparrow missiles weren't around in 1962." A Ukrainian guy did the underwater "sonic voice" effect and made several comments about the Russian fleet in the Cuba sequence. "They're near Cuba, not Murmansk - why are they dressed for the winter?"

As has been said before here - movie making is a messy process.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was the 60s and yes, they had radio car phones in those days - mostly limited to the government though. There were plenty of errors and I almost feel like a dick for showing up as the new guy on the crew as the film was wrapping, saying "oh hey, those Tomahawk and Sparrow missiles weren't around in 1962." A Ukrainian guy did the underwater "sonic voice" effect and made several comments about the Russian fleet in the Cuba sequence. "They're near Cuba, not Murmansk - why are they dressed for the winter?"

As has been said before here - movie making is a messy process. </div></div>

Yeah, I thought the missile shots were riot. The most obvious one that somebody should have caught was when Mistiq (sp?) was outside the sub in the form of Magneto and wearing the helmet but there was no way in hell she would have known that Magneto had just gotten his snazzy new helmet because he was still inside the sub's reactor fighting Kevin Bacon and even Capt'n Picard didn't know he had a new anti-Picard helmet.

Who decided it would be a good idea to cast Kevin Bacon anyways?

X-men First class is an example of milking a franchise to death.

Yeah I saw it. While it had a couple of moments that were so so, it drug on way too long in some areas. At least 40 minutes could have been edited out of it as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not a comic book or graphic novel person so these movies aren't all that appealing to me, BUT, having said that, the trailer for captain America Looks completely badass!

I really liked it as a movie. It is a long movie, but while it was playing, it went fast and was enjoyable. After the movie, you could see there were things that could have been cut to shorten it. The plot line moved around a lot, so during the film, you couldn't tell what was "unimportant".

The guy playing Magneto did an outstanding job. The Prof X guy did a good job, I just didn't care for him. The 2 problems were: Mystique, man was she miscast. Her story in the film was great, but the actress was a let down. The other issue is (and this is a spoiler), the only black guy gets killed.

I really liked it; my wife thought is was so-so, not as good as Thor.

Longish movie and a little slower paced than I expected. At least they ended it so that there will be no sequel with this cast(lets hope so).

Good enough entertainment but I believe the first four Xmen were bette.r Was dissapointed the there was no teaser at the end of the credits.

Watch for the cameo - funniest part ot the flick.