• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

X-Ray vs Bravo

AK4900PA

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2013
I'm considering swapping out my KRG X-Ray for a Bravo. The only real reason I have is that I think it's better looking. To anyone who has time behind both, would I be downgrading in any significant way? I like the large grip panels on my X-Ray, how do they compare to the bravo grips?

The Bravo grip is comfortable and similar to the large grip on the X-ray. However, if you use the thumb shelf on the X ray I wouldn’t recommend going to the Bravo, as the grip is different in the sense that it has no thumb shelf and is slightly thicker

The Bravo grip is comfortable and similar to the large grip on the X-ray. However, if you use the thumb shelf on the X ray I wouldn’t recommend going to the Bravo, as the grip is different in the sense that it has no thumb shelf and is slightly thicker

I suppose that could be an issue as I use the thumb shelf all the time. That's one of my favorite features of the X-Ray.

I’d stick with the X-ray. Or you can send the X-ray to me and I’ll send you my bravo.
The X-ray lets you adjust the butt pad vertically and I like the grip feel better, both large and small. I find the bravo thumb just sort of weirdly positioned and I don’t know what to do with it.

Reactions: Steel head
I swapped out the whiskey 3 folder for the bravo rear for weight, and I prefer the thumb shelf on the whiskey more. If the X-ray is like the whiskey then you will definitely feel a difference in position. I use the large grip panels also, which the bravo is a bit smaller

Reactions: DMP
I like the Bravo better, for looks and feel, and with the adjustable butt pad you can adjust it up and down vertically and cant it to fit your shoulder as well but then again I'm not a thumb shelf fan either, my thumb goes around the pistol grip of the Bravo it just feels more natural to me. I don't see the Bravo as a downgrade just another option with the base chassis on the more affordable side, once you add all the add ons you might want you're in the same price range as the X-Ray, or the Whiskey 3 non folder. Personal preference, you need to decide if it feels right to you, if it brings you the results you want, and if you like the looks, otherwise you'll never be really happy with what you've got.