• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

X-Ring accuracy range report

sulcop96

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2011
State of confusion
Don't know if this should be posted here or under the Gun Smith section but wanted to show and share a range report after having a rifle worked on by X-Ring Accuracy. The rifle is a Remington 700 and shot well out of the box, right around 1 MOA and perhaps better on a good day. I decided to get some work done and contacted several of the Smiths on the Hide who I have worked with before with great success but decided to give X-Ring a shot. The project came in under budget, on time and they were very responsive. I was contacted several times a week with updates and was quite impressed with his CS. The project was a basic true/print/barrel/lug and paint barrel and action job and went without a problem.

The rife was back in my hands in around two weeks so a very good turn around time to say the least, and was returned with a 100 yard target and a .3 group. Today I went to the range to see if my results can match and well... as you can see by the targets posted below she shoots like a banshee! The first photo is a five round group at 100 and the second is a seven round group. I did not have a measuring device handy but using the Sharpie as a reference I would say she is in the .25-.3 range.

Along with the rifle I have my new ATACR and love it! I was going to go with a March but found the ATACR in the Hide Optics section and couldn't pass up on the deal. I have to say it is the best scope I have ever had and I have had everything except a S&B and Premier. Together this will be my go-to combo and will now replace my current duty rifle. So I just wanted to pass on someone else for the good-guy list and brag about my new toy. So thanks X-Ring for a superior job on the rifle and thanks Night Force for the ATACR.

Attachments

• 20130629_191708_resized.jpg
    20130629_191708_resized.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20130629_191730_resized.jpg
    20130629_191730_resized.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20130629_190716-1_resized.jpg
    20130629_190716-1_resized.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20130629_190729-1_resized.jpg
    20130629_190729-1_resized.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 14
Good to hear
Woody does phenomenal work and his CS is top notch.
He stays in constant contact with you through the entire build.

Mines a hammer the accuracy still amazes me.

Obviously yours is too and it looks awesome Enjoy

AL

That does look good, and it's what you can expect from a premier rifle builder like Xring/Woody. I'm not form his area, but on ocassion I do drive up there to shoot. Let me tell you that the guys who run Manatee gun range where Woody is from have nothing but good positive comments to make about Woody. While I have not yet met him, I do look forward to doing so one day. Have fun with your rifle.

AL that Honey Badger looks sweet! I'm trying to get a few members of my team to make the trip to K&M and will have to hit Manatee as well to get some shooting in with Woody. I'll post up if we go and perhaps some Hide members can make a day out of it.

Sully

Let's us know if/when you hit K&M
I stopped by Woody yesterday after manatee
and I mentioned this thread to him, you should have went with the Lavender....;-)

He said he enjoyed working with you on this project

AL Woody is colorblind and wouldn't know lavender from Patriot Brown, lol. I already have funds building for a full build. Thinking I need a 7WSM or .243.

Sully