• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

xcr tactical rem.700

Surgeon_Shooter

Sure Shot Night Vision
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 2, 2009
    Oklahoma
    this is my friends xcr in .300 win mag. he needs some ideas on a muzzle brake and glass. yall help him out.
    url]
    g[/IMG]

Re: xcr tactical rem.700

might I suggest lowering the scope a bit holy cow that is high. I recomend one of the badger brakes it will help with resale if he ever wants to sell. also the leupold vx II on their is a good starter scope.

Yea I know the scope is high but it's just temperary. Those are my ar-10 rings. He is getting a new scope and rings soon.

I have a R700 XCR chambered in .308 with a Leupold Mk4 4.5-14x50mm in Badger medium rings with a Badger 20 moa base in a AICS 1.5 stock and so far it has been great. This setup has the scope down close to the bore to the point where I was concerned about whether I needed taller rings until I got it mounted. There is maybe 1/8" of clearance.