• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns XDM 10mm GTG or NO

Bigwheels

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 16, 2007
    Anacortes WA
    Thinking about getting one primarily for outdoor protection in place of my Ruger SBH 45LC which is getting bigger & heavier every year.
    What do you think? Are they accurate? Is the 5.25" worth it over the 4.5"?
    I think I want the long one but I want night sights. Haven't found any for the 5.25" one.
    Thanks.

Do you like the sights? I'm so used to my Tritium Novak's on my 1911 that I don't think I'll like the featureless rear sight on the 5.25" that I want.
    Have you chrony'd it?

Have a 4.5" 9mm and love it, different caliber but same gun, little trigger work yields what I believe is the best striker fired trigger out there

Do you like the sights? I'm so used to my Tritium Novak's on my 1911 that I don't think I'll like the featureless rear sight on the 5.25" that I want.
    Have you chrony'd it?

I've shot the 5.25" 9mm in 3 gun for years with the stock sights. So, when I got the 10mm they were what I was used to and work well for me.

My local gun store has 1 of each on the way & my name is on 1 of them.
    Probably going to go with the 4.5" since I don't like the open cutout in the slide nor the inability of changing the rear sight. Don't understand why they would even make a "target" 10mm like that. I want a ultra reliable high capacity power house defense handgun for woods, home & personal defense.

I'm now waiting for the f'ing "waiting period" that was illegally passed by that damned initiative a while back.
    Got a 4.5" & ordered an Alien Gear iwb holster & twin mag holster for everyday carry. And have a box of each Underwood 180gr GD jhp, 180gr xtp, & 220gr hard cast on the way for testing.
    Now I want some night sights & need to decide on a chest, or tactical holster for the wilderness. Thinking about the Kenai chest holster. Just need to figure out how to keep it free from my binos & backpack.
    Any wisdom about this setup?

Take it to someone who's done sights on a Springfield before, they're a bitch

I've only shot about 20rnds through it so far to chronograph the 3 Underwood loads I got to try. Seems to be a bit slower than advertised. The 180gr was at 1225, 200gr at 1175, & the 220 was at 1150fps. Sights were zeroed well & have had no malfunctions of any kind.
    The only gripes I have is it launches brass out of sight, & the ones I recovered had a little dent in the side.
    Maybe a stiffer mainspring?
    I have 3 more mags, a mag loader, more ammo, & Trijicon HD sights with a sight press on the way.
    My Alien gear iwb holster arrived today & I spent some time adjusting & trying it out. 1st impressions are just ok. The mag holders are just massive! Not impressed with those at all. May send it back for a refund & keep looking for something better.

Got the Trijicon HD orange in &used my new Amazon sight press to install them. Only problem was getting the stock ones out of the slide. They were a pita but once they cracked it went fairly easy. Have the new ones installed back to where I marked them before removal. Assuming that everything went back where the original. Just need to verify the poa/poi.
    The Alien Gear iwb holster is really comfortable but the magazine holders are way too beefy. Their setup to carry iwb each 1 is about 11/2" thick. Now I've tried them in their & they're just too fat.

Last edited:
    Verified the sights yesterday. Didn't need to touch them. POI is now at the point of the dot on the front sight just like the Novak's I have on my 1911. Ran about 50 rnds through it & still no issues of any kind. I didn't think I'd really like a plastic gun but I'm really beginning to love this XDM.