• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns XDs w/ 1911 mags?

Strive4More

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2011
Crestview, FL
Ok I was sitting in my empty house (moving in 3 days) fondling my new XDS and my Nighthawk 1911 when a crazy idea hit me. I have a 10 rd extended mag 1911. It and the XDS magazine look relatively similar both being for the almighty .45 ACP . There is a bit more of a recess and a 1/2"x1/8" cut going down the front left. Could a 1911 magazine be modified to run in a XDS reliably? would the modifications not allow it to run in a 1991? Does anyone have a 7 rd XDS magazine and a Officers frame 1911 they can test out? Having a 10rd backup would be sweet. I already carry the 10 rounder when I carry my 1911 so it would simplify my EDC. Anyone feel like breakin out the dremel?

Re: XDs w/ 1911 mags?

It would be pretty awesome if you could modify a 1911 mag to run in an XDS. Even better, it it still worked in the 1911, you'd be on track to start your own magazine company.