• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Xinfrared T2 Pro Thermal Review

warnera1102

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2020
I got my hands on the T2 thermal pro sensor phone plugin,essentially you are using your smart phone as the processor for the sensor.I will say the clarity on my phone did seem better than the pictures below, I am not sure why that is but I assume its due to screen size (phone vs computer screen).
My experience with thermals is the ATN Thor and Pulsar Thermion, alot of times I just hunt with my NV (Sightmark Wraith) . I have not gotten alot of hunt time in with the T2 because right now in Eastern NC the mosquitos are larger than the deer and the coyote/pig activity has been slack on our hunt property with the cotton in the fields.

So in all honestly as long as someone doesn't expect a $2k+ thermal in a $400 sensor they will be happy to an extent. The T2 will probably be in my bag for quick scanning or to let a hunt buddy scan with it. Overall for the money its pretty impressive, I do wish the phone attachment method was a little different and less bulky. Most of the time I just plug in the sensor and hold it to the back of my phone case vs using the holder they supply. Another method would be to just plug it directly into the phone and have the sensor 180 from the phone screen instead of the flexible cable.

The other night I did get a break in the weather to try it out and as you know with NV the IR reflection on the eyes of an animal give them immediately but in waist high cotton you cant see much of anything. I started out scanning with the NV to see what I could see and then with the T2 to see if I missed anything. I did pick up this small doe at 296yards, I didn't see her due to she had her back to me( shown below in black hot at 2x) I know the light emitted from your phone is a concern but I just turned my phone screen brightness down to minimal. Typically where I hunt there is a decent amount of ambient light so this wasn't not a huge concern to me, I have killed coyotes while sending text messages before.

Once the cotton has been picked and mowed I will be able to get some better comparisons and I will add them to the thread.
2022-09-04-20-48-22.png
2022-09-04-20-53-29.png
VideoCapture_20220905-142918.jpg

I've been able to use the infiray T2 pro on the past few hunts, it's comparable to my pulsar axiom scanner, for less than 1/5 the price. I'm actually going to sell my Pulsar and run this as a scanner. The pics I attach are taken in Florida with crazy amounts of humidity, deer are from 100 to 250 yards. I'll be posting more as I hunt.
inbound3396265530427014164.png
inbound531271734106467417.png
inbound4008853219609583628.png
inbound3396265530427014164.png