• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Chassis Stock

McLarenross

Sergeant
Minuteman
Got to take some pics yesterday of my new XLR stock. Rifle is a Remington 700 VLS in 308 with the barrel cut to 20" and threaded with a muzzle brake. Scope is 12x44 WOTAC on EGW rail. The stock has the upgraded butt on it. Fit and finish of the stock is great, no burrs, not flaws in the coating, receiver fits into the inletting perfectly with no gap at all, bolt handle lines up exactly in its cut out. The buttstock is very nice, fully adjustable for length of pull, cant, and height and has an adjustable cheek piece. I ordered my free float tube to be 4" shy of my muzzle on the 20" barrel and it came out perfect to that. There is a bipod stud all the way out in the end of the tube for my Harris. Having the bipod out 6 more inches from the factory location is great, make for a much more stable rifle. The grip on the gun is setup exactly right for me, when I hold the grip just the first pad of my index finger touches the trigger. The drop mag system works great and locks up my AICS mags tightly but releases them effortlessly and the gun feeds rounds from the mag without any binding or friction like the factory BDL mag. The rifle actually weighs less with this stock than it did with the factory BDL laminate wood stock and it is much better balanced. Over all I am very very pleased with the stock and Kyles service. I recommend the stock to anyone wanting a chassis system that mimics AR-15 ergonomics.

0705001835.jpg

0705001834e.jpg

0705001834d.jpg

0705001834c.jpg

0705001834b.jpg

0705001834a.jpg

0705001834.jpg

0705001833.jpg

0705001832c.jpg

0705001832b.jpg

Re: XLR Chassis Stock

is there ANY information on these... Prices... availability...etc???

Looks great... but could not find a web page or any information.

Matt.

Nice looking rig! How do you like the brake?

It looks like a really nice stock. I like how it mimics an AR feel. Kind of similar to the JP 07 stock?

JMC

The JP MOR-07 was what I was gonna get before I found this stock for half the price. I dont regret my decision one bit. Only thing this stock doesnt have is the folding option and Im thinking I may retro fit that with an ACE folder mechanism.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McLarenRoss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The JP MOR-07 was what I was gonna get before I found this stock for half the price. I dont regret my decision one bit. Only thing this stock doesnt have is the folding option and Im thinking I may retro fit that with an ACE folder mechanism. </div></div>

I went to their site and i'm impressed with it. I'd really like to see how it turns out if you do folding stock on it. This stock could very well be my next stock.

JMC

I'm very excited to be getting mine. It will be a nice present waiting when I return CONUS, along with the rest of the rifle build.

McLarenRoss,

do you think an ACE folder will clear the increased width of this chassis as opposed to that of an AR receiver? If so, the ZM Weapons folder/collapsible might be an option as well, though I don't know how the cheekweld would be with either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ohiofarmer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">McLarenRoss,

do you think an ACE folder will clear the increased width of this chassis as opposed to that of an AR receiver? If so, the ZM Weapons folder/collapsible might be an option as well, though I don't know how the cheekweld would be with either. </div></div>

Thats the only thing Im not sure of. I am eventually gonna get the CAR to CAR adapter they make and use the stock thats on it and see if I can get it to work. Ill post if it works.

Ross, Great looking rifle! I hope you enjoy the stock.

For those that asked, an Ace folder does work well with this stock. Feel free to PM me with any questions or for pics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ross, Great looking rifle! I hope you enjoy the stock.

For those that asked, an Ace folder does work well with this stock. Feel free to PM me with any questions or for pics. </div></div>
Sweet!!! Thats my next mod to be done! I am really enjoying it. Actually Im thinkin about bookin outta work early and headin out to go shoot it!!!

Looks good. I'm torn between the XLR Evolution, the JP MOR-07 and the McRees for my LTR.

XLR, can you post pictures of one with the ACE folder mechanism?

very,very nice looking rifle. I am swaying that way the more i look at your pics. MM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Matt, I have sent you a PM of the folder.</div></div>

Can you copy me on that and do you make it for a short action Savage?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Matt, I have sent you a PM of the folder. </div></div>

XLR can you do the same? id like to see it also

Wow! That is a very slick looking rig!! Love it! And I gotta agree that brake is intense!
laugh.gif
I might have to look into that this winter if the Savage SA version will be available with the new accu-stock 4.4" spacing! Been wanting a Manners, but like the chasis style also! Very cool!!

Ditto. Please send me info on setting up a folder. I'm not sure how I feel about running this "extreme" of a stock, but there are too many things going for it for me to ignore.
I'm curious about running an ACE Folding adapter with an Enidine shock stock on my 300WM. I love how the enidine tames 00 3in buck on my 870, but the slight "play"in the tube may be a deal breaker for this type of rifle. Only testing will tell. My uncle and his buddy are class 2 mfgs and they are trying to talk me into having us build a suppressor with an expansion chamber reaching back to the receiver and this handguard setup might be perfect. The DBM is hard to ignore as well. The reasonable price pretty much seals the deal so its just a matter of time and funds.

The Break is a Tromix Shark break Tony Rumore is the owner so google that and he sells them i have one in a 45ACP on a SMLE action just a fun gun also have some ACE FSM's and they work well we have one of the stocks coming to Australia so we are hoping they are as good as they look an awsome system and it is great to see where this developed from concept to prototype and now production.

I love your color I should have gotten in your color instead I got Black. Here is mine I should have it this week Just waiting on the cheek rest.

that break looks like the stand-offs we use on our Rem 870 breaching shotguns at work. If you run out of ammo you could kill a boat load of people with that thing. No bayonet needed. Nice gun though, looks solid.

The buttstock is a little too bare-bones for me. I'm trying to imagine this stock with a Command Arms SRS or maybe a MAGPUL PRS. Maybe XLR has some pics of a stock so equipped they'd be willing to share? I am very interested in this stock and also interested to know if a folding option will be available.

HD, I can and am willing to make this stock for virtually any action out there. We have tried a lot of different butt stocks and have found that our Premiere offers the best fit and ergonomics for the vast majority of shooters. It has the most cheek weld adjustment, length of pull adjustment, recoil pad height and rotation, etc. I will send you a PM of the folder and with the PRS. -Kyle ~ XLR Industries

Here is mine with PRS It also had not been Anodized..
This is a Nesika 1.47 Tactical Single shot. chambered in 6.5 x 284 with a 30" barrel.
Nesika_006.jpg

Here it is anodized w/o cheek piece with prem. stock.
Nesika_029.jpg

Nesika_027.jpg

Guys,
Kyle has been great to work with...
He will build a custom chasis to your action specs....Mine was a Nesika 1.47" round.
I have decided to build my son one next..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is an older stock with the PRS:

XLR65002-1.jpg

XLR65_044MOD5.jpg
</div></div>
Now this is absolutely awesome. What would you have to do to your standard stock to add the ACE folding mechanism, or does it thread in like a buffer tube?

I just received my XLR stock from Kyle yesterday on my way out the door for work. The only thing I can say is that it is awesome. Everything about it is extremely well machined and clean. Not to mention the great communication and quick shipping. When I get home ill install it on my rifle (if I don't fall asleep) I will definatley be buying a couple more of these stocks for my other rifles. Thanks Kyle

XLR, do you know if a Savage 10FP would work in your stock with your mag inlet and aftermarket magazine?

Kyle will have the last word but Im pretty sure it will. aperdue, I am just north of you in Shepherd, and Im in Humber a couple times a week, if you would like to feel the stock on my 700 before you buy.