• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Xlr chassis

Glowie

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2014
I have been looking at these. Specially a element 4.0 magnesium. I see a lot for sale are there problems with them?

No problems with them. People might be selling them for a variety of reasons. I have two light weight rifle builds using the magnesium chassis and it’s excellent.

Reactions: Glowie
No problems with them. People might be selling them for a variety of reasons. I have two light weight rifle builds using the magnesium chassis and it’s excellent.
Thanks . It's tough to $pend that money with no experience or even know of anyone with one. I've read searches multiple times. Just try to make sure I haven't made a mistake that is all. Thanks

Thanks . It's tough to $pend that money with no experience or even know of anyone with one. I've read searches multiple times. Just try to make sure I haven't made a mistake that is all. Thanks
If you’re used to rifles in a chassis or shoot AR15s then you should like it. If you plan to shoot PRS style matches you’ll be better off with the ENVY.

I have 2 envy pros, 1 element aluminum, and 1 element magnesium. I love them but the aren’t for everyone. If you don’t like pistol grip/AR type ergos you probably won’t like the Xlr.

The XLR chassis are very well built and I personally have come to really like the ergos and ability to add or subtract weight depending on what I’m doing with the rifle.

I feel that my magnesium chassis is a little more flexy than my aluminum element. Unless I was going for ultimate light weight I would save the money and buy the aluminum version.

I have 2 envy pros, 1 element aluminum, and 1 element magnesium. I love them but the aren’t for everyone. If you don’t like pistol grip/AR type ergos you probably won’t like the Xlr.

The XLR chassis are very well built and I personally have come to really like the ergos and ability to add or subtract weight depending on what I’m doing with the rifle.

I feel that my magnesium chassis is a little more flexy than my aluminum element. Unless I was going for ultimate light weight I would save the money and buy the aluminum version.
Is there a lot of flex, say vs plastic type stocks?

No, not even close. It is still very stiff. I only notice it when comparing them side by side on a bipod or clipped into a tripod and trying to twist them. Both are excellent but If you don’t need to save every last ounce of weight, save the money and go aluminum, it is still very light.

Last edited:
No, not even close. It is still very stiff. I only notice it when comparing them side by side on a bipod or clipped into a tripod and trying to twist them. Both are excellent but If you don’t need to save every last ounce of weight, save the money and go aluminum, it is still very light.
I already ordered the magnesium element. Thanks though. How about the thumb rest? Any need for it?

Reactions: Baron85
Depends on how you like to shoot. I do not like wrapping my thumb around the grip and I prefer to have someplace for my thumb to be able to rest so all of mine have the thumb rest and I really like them.