• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Element 4.0 Hunter DBM Mag Adjustment Issues

dillonduncan

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2018
Does anyone have experience with the new Hunter detachable box mag adjustment screw not holding? The top screw in this pic is a cam-like adjustment screw to adjust mag height. The bottom allen acts like a set screw that has a washer and locker washer with teeth underneath. You tune the top one to where the mag needs to be, then clamp down the bottom one to lock it in position. The first time I shot the gun, it backed off because the lock washer was installed upside down from the factory, so XLR sent me a new set screw and lock washer. I installed it correctly, adjusted to where I needed it to feed (for reference was where the index line lined up with the dot on the bottom, below the adjacent index line). After another 30 rounds it has backed off to where it is now, and you can see where the teeth on lock washer have gouged out the adjustment face.

Does anyone have experience/insight with this?
IMG_2488.jpeg

I have the same setup. I haven't had that on about 500 rounds, but I did notice that when you set your cam position and then tighten the set screw, the set screw will rotate the adjustment screw. So I started using a second wrench to hold the adjustment screw in place when I secured the set screw. Not sure if it's any help with this exactly, but maybe down the road

I had/have the same issue. I put some blue loctite on it and tightened pretty snug and it hasn’t backed off yet. Haven’t shot it a ton since then thought to really test it. It’s held up on a decent amount of mag manipulation dry firing

I had/have the same issue. I put some blue loctite on it and tightened pretty snug and it hasn’t backed off yet. Haven’t shot it a ton since then thought to really test it. It’s held up on a decent amount of mag manipulation dry firing
Where did you apply loctite? I don't this my issue is the claw spinning, I think that the adjustment screw is moving out from underneath the set. I have not received any suggestions back from XLR yet either.

I put it on the adjustment screw itself. It just backs all the way out so you can apply the loctite and put it back in. I think the scalloped washer just provides some extra grip on the adjustment mechanism