• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Envy Pro JV Competition H-185 Blue Titanium

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 13, 2013
    Southeastern, Pennsylvania
    Anyone that has followed the testing and reviews I've done over the years probably has noticed I always grab one of my XLR's. Unless I'm doing a specific review on a chassis, and I have a choice, I grab one of my XLR's. I think I have every revision of the Envy ever made in my safe right now and Ive owned every chassis XLR has made to date accept the current magnesium.

Everyone is different. Some prefer stocks over chassis, some prefer different chassis. We have a lot of options on what stock/chassis to buy today, which is a good thing. But I personally love my XLR's. The fitment for me, the quality, the features and the customer service have just been great over the years. The XLR Carbon was the first XLR chassis I ever owned god knows how long ago and it never stopped. I am not saying there is anything wrong with any other chassis, but if I have a choice, Im always grabbing my XLR Envy.

I just received XLR's latest Envy Pro JV Competition in H-185 Blue Titanium cerakote with all the bells and whistles and its a beauty!

Adjustable thumb shelf
    Ergo straight vertical grip
    Bag Rider
    Tactical 2.0 buttstock
    TR-2 Steel weight kit
    Steel buffer tube weights
    Steel external side
    Steel internal weights
    Pro Steel nose extension
    Pro long night vision bridge

Timer mount kit for the Sportcount StopWatch thumb timer.

The chassis is fully ambi, so you can drop a left or right hand action in, and put your stopwatch and/or thumb rest on either side!

I love the XLR Envy line and cant wait to get this thing out on the range to test it out. I will be using it in the 308 Bartlein 5R vs Krieger 4 Groove accuracy testing that is just about to start. With all the different weights and adjustability this chassis provides, you can configure it for just about anybody in as light or heavy config as the shooters wants. They also offer a bunch of different colors to choose from, and adding this blue titanium to my lineup looks amazing. Im now rocking an Envy in Tungsten, one in Burnt Bronze, one in Black and now this Blue Titanium.

Who else is running the XLR Envy Pro JV Competition and what do you think about it?? What do you guys think about the thumb timer?

My main PRS gun is a XLR Envy Pro and I love it. Super stable on anything, and the weight setup is super modular. I have it balanced with a med palma right now since I have done a string of field matches. The full ambi was a big selling point as a left handed shooter. And I ended up 3D printing my own thumb rests since they were out of stock when I ordered.

Debating about getting the timer, but I have been just focusing on taking the time I need to make clean shots instead of caring about the time. So I don't want something else to look at.

Attachments

• 119223623_1523584694500615_5555321546574138302_o.jpg
      119223623_1523584694500615_5555321546574138302_o.jpg
      146 KB · Views: 202
    Awesome! It was a very hard decision between the envy and the matrix for me. What does she end up weighing after fully put together and functional?

Awesome! It was a very hard decision between the envy and the matrix for me. What does she end up weighing after fully put together and functional?

As it sits in the first picture, TL3, 24" 308 Krieger HV, Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29, Seekins PMR rings, all the weights.....exactly 21lb

Reactions: Juggerxxx
    They sure look like sweet chassis. Maybe one-day I'll get one to try myself. Really eyeing the new magnesium chassis or the fully loaded PRS oriented one.

Ordered mine today with a 50% off Cert--wicked excited to try it out.

Reactions: padom
    @padom I noticed you weren't running the NV bridge up top bc of your ring height. do you know or anybody know what min height rings you need on your 56mm optic to clear the full length NV bridge?

i have the the element stocks as left hand and then price was more important. i have several now and am looking for a replacement.

Bump for ring height needed to clear the NV bridge With a 56mm obj.

Thanks.

Reactions: Islas82
    I run a 1.5inch height mount and probably have about a 1/8inch or less gap.

Last edited:
    1.5" 0moa eratac for me with 5-27 Comp, fits tenebraex with wiggle room.

I know you mentioned that the XLR is your go to and so I realize this is a biased question, how stable and sturdy is a XLR Envy Pro Chassis with a foldable stock?
    I got to play around with a JP enterprise MP-19 chassis in 6cm and it seemed to have good stability and tolerance with a folding stock. Just researching info on what my next build is going to look like.
    Thanks ahead of time for your response.