• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

XLR Envy vs MDT ACC Elite

Which would you want?

• XLR Envy Pro

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • MDT ACC Elite

Votes: 21 56.8%

• Total voters

FNG1001

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2022
USA
Been seeing a convergence in chassis designs and features lately. Yes, there are some differences, but it looks like many of the chassis designers are looking over the fence at what the other guy is doing.

With both chassis spec'd out the same way, ie C6 buttstock, no folder, thumbrest, NV bridge, etc. Which would you go for and why? Lead time is something that affects us all, an ambidextrous system is nice, does it matter where one is made, MDT costs more, etc.

Both are top notch and our shop's PRS/NRL competitor has used both with success :) There's going to be some minor nuances between the two but that comes down to the individual. Lead time as of this post goes to the Envy Pro as we have a few left in stock right now

IMG_2146__59138.jpg

336752433_1370838323666404_6439312526430478842_n.jpg

Reactions: FNG1001
I don't have any experience with the MDT but I have a 1st gen XLR Element and I just bought a current production Element with a folder. I like the price and the ability to use AR tubes, stocks and grips. You can buy just the chassis and put whatever you want on it.

My centerfire rifle is in a MDT ACC (Premier, not the Elite) and my rimfire rifle is in an XLR Envy Pro w/ the C6 buttstock. I really like both chassis and its hard to say which one I prefer more. That said, the MDT with its really long fore end seems to work better with a longer barrel. The shorter barrels common on most rimfires work better with the XLR’s shorter fore end.

I am trying to make this decision as well for a barreled action I bought on here that is a 27 inch barrel at a width of 1.25inches in 6 arc

RRS' r-lock system on both is a very nice feature, the ambi bolt space on the XLR is a plus.

very very different feel where it matters...your hand

also...depending on your target weight don't overlook the XLS Element 4.0 Mag. pretty easy to use one and end up sub 10 pounds or in the 20-21 pound range with a few minor swaps

Reactions: CSTactical
very very different feel where it matters...your hand

also...depending on your target weight don't overlook the XLS Element 4.0 Mag. pretty easy to use one and end up sub 10 pounds or in the 20-21 pound range with a few minor swaps

We have those as well :cool:

IMG_4446.jpg