• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Xlr evolution for savage 10p w/ bottom bolt release question

dormandefense

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2012
Aynor, SC
Alright. So, if the answer is out there I've not found it yet.

For the xlr evolution, does it utilize the bottom metal from the savage 10p in any way to release the bolt, or does the evolution chassis have it's own mechanism to release the bolt?

So, in essence, will my existing bottom metal be utilized in any way when installing it into the evolution chassis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dormandefense said:
will my existing bottom metal be utilized in any way when installing it into the evolution chassis?

No.

This is XLR's solution for the Savage bottom bolt release:

tan_014mod_op_800x533.jpg

That's awesome. Looks like a much more practical and solid fix than others I've seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this post made me go over and look at some savage rifles! damn it. they make the model 10 in .260 and 6.5 creedmoor. i just purchased an xlr element and remington 700 in 308, was going to possibly get it switched over to 260 or 6.5, if i would have known savage made these calibers from the factory and xlr was going to make an element chassis for them i would have gone a diff route! ahhh. anywho heres a pic of my remington 700 in an element chassis. red dot was just so there was something on there. cant afford the scope i want yet.
good luck on your build!

Attachments

• 20140710_182044.jpg
    20140710_182044.jpg
    445.2 KB · Views: 9