• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes XLR rings ?

IMO, they don't offer anything new or special. The price is the best part about those rings. They are not particularly light and weigh about twice as much as comparable scope rings. For example Seekin's Precision scope rings weigh 2.80 ounces per pair and Badger Ordnance scope rings weigh 3.90 ounces per pair. Overall, I would imagine you could expect the same quality in their scope rings that goes into their chassis and buttstocks.

I always use seekins, until recently picked up the ARC rings there 180 bucks but a very trick design. When I recommend rings for someone, the application normally comes down to what weapon is it being mounted to and what glass is it going to hold. I wouldn't want 40 dollar rings holding down my 3k glass on a high recoil rifle. But maybe wouldn't mind if it was a 22 trainer.,
as far as the XLR rings I have never seen or heard of anyone trying them out. Like bigdude said I would expect the same quality as there chassis.

Slightly less than the weight of Barrett ExRings (34 mm) 8.45 oz..
Recommended torque specification:
for XLR - 25 in-lb. for top screws, 45 in-lb. for side plate.
for BARRETT - 35 in-lb. for top screws, 50 in-lb. for side plate.

IMO, they don't offer anything new or special. The price is the best part about those rings. They are not particularly light and weigh about twice as much as comparable scope rings. For example Seekin's Precision scope rings weigh 2.80 ounces per pair and Badger Ordnance scope rings weigh 3.90 ounces per pair. Overall, I would imagine you could expect the same quality in their scope rings that goes into their chassis and buttstocks.

Last edited:
The XLR rings look exactly like Leapers or UTG or somethings. Im sure theyll work but I would rather have something they made in house rather than farmed out to somewhere else that mass produces them.

I bought a pair to go with my XLR Carbon chassis. Solid, no sharp cuts, good finish, no goofy binding but I did not slap an alignment tool in them. I bought them for the price and to simply try them. I am not disappointed. Normally I would go Seekins or a 1-piece mount. I have no issue recommending XLR rings to someone if they asked, but do note that their heights are relatively tall to compliment their Carbon and Evolution chassis.

Last edited:
...but do note that their heights are relatively tall to compliment their Carbon and Evolution chassis.

I noticed that. I think the last set of 34mm rings I bought were the ARC lows, at .94 inches (vs. 1.26" for the lowest 34mm XLRs), but that was for a rifle without any sort of handguard/shroud.