• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XM .408 Magazine Question

budcampo

Private
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2009
I just got a Windrunner XM .408. I got 6, 7 round mags with it that have a logo with the letters TM. They are pretty crappy.
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the CheyTac 7 round mags, and if they will work in a Windrunner? I just ordered one and CheyTac said they might work, and if they don't then I can send them my gun and they will make it work. I just was curious if anyone had any experience. I hope I don't have to ship it off again.
<span style="font-style: italic">When I got it EDM forgot to flute the barrel, the barrel nut didn't screw on all the way, and the bolt looked like it was old and used, plus the magazine problems. Not to happy.</span>
<span style="font-weight: bold">Problems fixed.</span>

Re: XM .408 Magazine Question

The M200 7-rounders work - I can verify that. Honestly, I think the 5-rounder that came with my Windrunner is a more sturdy magazine though.

That's cool, I ordered one magazine from CheyTac a few days ago, excited to see what it's like, they said they have new ones, made of steel and they are good quality.

I can personally vouch for Tom Miller. He is a stand up guy and has supported the sport as well as helped me through my purchase of my Windrunner and would trust him completely. If you got this from Tom, let him take care of it. He will get it done.
P.S. fill out your profile

Just got it back from EDM. The barrel nut doesn's sit right still. 2 rows of threads still showing. Anyone else have this problem???

That doesn't sound right at all. Then again, the way it's designed it should theoretically be fine as long as the ratcheting device is engaging. If it's just twist tight then I would think that's a no-go.

Wow that is weird. No I have never heard of that happening. Can you post some pictures? Also, I know this may sound a little dumb, forgive me, but are you trying to put the barrel on with the bolt forward? This just seems really odd that it would come from EDM this way after it was sent in for this problem. I know Bill has a HUGE snail bullet trap that he test fires everything that leaves his shop. He included the test fired rounds in a serialized to my rifle in the hard case with my rifle.

Functionally everything works fine, it lockes in, just that 2 rows of threads are showing, which I've never seen before on a windrunner. Bill thought that I meant that it wasn't locking, miscommunication I guess, so I'm sending it back again.

post pictures of the rifle and barrel nut

FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE. Thanks