• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XM length actions

ForgeValley

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 22, 2018
    WNC
    Looks like another maker jumping on the XM bandwagon:

Guess that makes Defiance, Stiller, Zermatt, Lone Peak and now BAT.

They are definitely interesting for the saums and wsms, and looks like that bat is long enough for the 7 PRC at 3.4 oal.

Personally I just jump up to a long action, but more choices are a good thing I think.

Who is making stocks and chassis for the xm's?

I built a 300wsm on a Defiance XM action 2 years ago. Manners carbon fiber stock. Proof carbon barrel. 8lbs scoped and an absolute hammer. The extra length on the action lets me seat the longer bullets far out and maximize the powder charger. I love it.

FF239DF3-1D38-4977-A0ED-1354BAA4607B.jpeg

Depressingly, there are still folks out there that consider 3.4" a "long" action (looking at you Winchester). Other than mags, I really like the XM/Mauser length for a variety of cartridges. Anything on the x55 case, the .284, SAUM/WSM, even the venerable .308 family once you start seating longer bullets.

Reactions: moosemeat