• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses XMTG Tactical Precision Rifle Class June 24-25 Kaufman, TX

Sierra

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2009
Texas
www.xmtgllc.com
Xtreme Measures Training Group Tactical Precision Rifle I Course -

If you are new to tactical precision rifle shooting or just want to get back to the basics, this class is one that you will want to take. This class will lay the foundation that you will need to become an excellent tactical precision rifle shooter. The class is a two day class. Lunch will be on the range so you will need to bring a lunch and water. Depending on the range location you may need a back pack to carry your equipment, food, and water.

Mandatory equipment for this class is a tactical rifle that is capable of MOA accuracy with bi-pod and leather or nylon adjustable sling. Your scope will need to have tactical turrets for adjusting your scope with a Mil. type reticle. The largest caliber that you can shoot in this class is .300 Winchester Magnum. Your rifle can be a bolt gun or a gas gun. The round count for the class is 300 rounds. It is recommended that you have a smart phone with a ballistic application on your phone. We use Shooter Ballistic Application.

Some of the topics covered in this class are safety, equipment selection, rifle set up, fundamentals of marksmanship, understanding MOA and Mils., effects of wind, shooter spotter communication, zeroing and coaching.

This class requires that you are in good enough physical condition to walk and carry all of your equipment if necessary. You must also be able to get up and down from the ground safely without assistance.

We must have 4 students to be able to do the class. Maximum students is 10.

To reserve your spot you must pay a non-refundable deposit of $200.00 (deposit can be moved towards another date or class). The balance is due two weeks before the date of the class. If you do not pay a deposit YOUR SPOT IS NOT RESERVED in the class. We accept credit cards.
Required Equipment
*Eye protection
*Hearing protection
*Appropriate clothing for the weather. We shoot rain or shine!
*Sunscreen
*Rifle capable of MOA accuracy
*Bi-pod
*Mil. type reticle scope with tactical turrets, preferably variable power
*Leather or nylon adjustable sling
*Lunch
*Water
*Calculator/smart phone
Nice to Have EquipmentSmart phone with ballistic application
Ground Pad
Back Pack
Rear bag
Additional EquipmentBinoculars
Spotting Scope/Tripod
Extra ammunition

Cost: $450.00 (2 Days)

Maximum Seats: 10 Minimum Seats: 4

Students may be required to pass a background check before being able to attend the class. Concealed Carry Permits are accepted in place of a background check. No prerequisites required for this class.

E-mail: [email protected]

Contact Donna for booking. 972-571-8654

Course Registration Form

http://xmtgllc.com/

Xtreme Measures Training Group | Extreme Times Call for Xtreme Measures….
http://xmtgllc.com
Home - Xtreme Measures Training Group | Extreme Times Call for Xtreme Measures….

You have my interest. I sent a message to Donna. I need to check out a few things first to see if I can get those days off.

I can make it. I hope the class is a go. Sounds like you are still looking for enough people. I am there if you have it.

Due to no other interest I was 'forced' to take this class by myself. What was going to be a two day class ended up being a one day class. James was gracious enough to do the class one-on-one with me in one day. Yesterday morning I arrived amid a rain storm that was winding down. On the way there there were a few times I was going only 20 mph on the interstate due to massive rain. When I arrived the rain was slowing down and it seemed like it could keep drizzling through the morning. It stopped somewhere around 9:30 when we were able to start shooting. Couldn't have asked for better weather. The rain cooled everything off and it was nice day without too much wind, most of which was a headwind.

I have a new POF .308 and have not shot much for about 25 years. I only zeroed the scope the day I bought it on a 100 yard range and had a little fun putting 60 rounds down range again. We started out with some fundamentals and checking the zero. What an abortion that was. I had rounds going all over the place. We discovered that the ammo I bought was not liked by this rifle, 178gr Hornady BTHP. The zeroing process was rough. I had one box of 175 Federal and that started to take shape. I only had one box. Luckily James had a stash of 168 gr that worked out well. With that ammunition we were able to get back on target and proceed through the day.

Going into this i was hoping to get out to 700 - 800 yards. For the first day out with a new weapon that seemed like a realistic goal. The picture proves otherwise. We made it out to 1000 yards. If I remember right we had first round hits out to 500, 600 I had some difficulty with at first as I was feeling good and tried hitting the smaller plate. I had first round hits out at 700 and 800. Since i was the only one in the class it was easy to see all my hits.

We did a combination of drills towards the later part of the day and working on elevation and windage holds. Many of the fundamentals came back to me from my time in the Marine Corps. I also learned a lot in a day. James was excellent at explaining things and making things simpler. His facility is new and you could tell he put a lot of work into getting making the range ready for a day of shooting. Thanks for a great day. I couldn't have asked for a better day to get into long range shooting.

I walked away with enough information that I could feel comfortable engaging targets at distance again. Until this year I had never really used a scope or bipod. The m16a2 was the only rifle I had real experience with. I understand better the drills I can do at 100 yards to work on the fundamentals. I need to find the best ammo for this gun too.

I am looking forward to going back for the next class. This is a great place to start if you're looking to get into precision rifle shooting.

Attachments

• photo61681.png
    photo61681.png
    108 KB · Views: 28
  • photo61682.png
    photo61682.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 24
  • photo61683.png
    photo61683.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 14