• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes XRS help....need elevation help

30cal user

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2008
SE, LA
Complete user error.....

Gun was zeroed perfectly and I tried to set zero stop and the result was only 5 mils of elevation up and now I tried to adjust the zero again following the manual and I still only have 5 mils in both directions. Shot the gun yesterday and it is still dead straight, but now about 13 mils low. What next?

XRS has just over 30 mils of elevation from top to bottom. Either the zero stop is set incorrectly (most likely) or something malfunctioned. Someone had a good description in a similar thread here but I can't find it in searches. Go back to the manual for your XRS and perform the procedure that says something like "resetting the zero stop." The first procedure in the manual is for setting it to limit travel, the second procedure is for resetting to allow full travel. Basically once the cap and turret is removed and the two locking/set screws are loosened, you turn the small flat bladed adjuster down clockwise gently to the bottom, back off counterclockwise 1/4 turn so its not fully bottomed out, then tighten the two locking/set screws on the sides. Install turret and cap, and check for full travel. Once you do it correctly (as long as nothing is damaged) it seems way easier.

Yep it sounds like you didn't turn the center screw all the way down to bottom out your erector. Once you do that you should be good to go.