• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes XTR II 1-8 Discontinued

rlsmith1

Legalize Freedom
Minuteman
  • May 1, 2019
    Midwest
    Any idea what is going to replace the XTR II 1-8? I don't see a 1x in their tactical scope section on their website and the XTR II 1-8 (and 2-10) is now in their Legacy Product section. Did I miss something?

I'm sure there are a few that actually know the answer. I figured that they were in the process of phasing them out a while ago as I was able to grab one for just over 600 about eight months ago. Was looking at the 1-8 Accupower (now also on sale as it was discontinued), but the deal on the XTR II was too good to pass up.

Sounds like a great deal. How do you like it? I've got an XTR 1-4 and it's been great, love it on 1x

It works great for what I use it for. It sits on a FN DMR II that I also lucky with for an exceptional price. Mostly the rifle rides across my chest or back when I'm out on the ranch in my 4-wheeler or Ranger. Its taken a few small whacks here and there, but nothing serious. I shot a couple of rounds through it yesterday and it is still holding zero.

Eye box is a little critical, and it does have a bit more fish eye distortion to it than my Accupower. Still, for what I paid for it, I'm pretty happy. If you can still find the 1-8 Accupower for around 8-900 though, I'd invest in that.

Reactions: rlsmith1
    The new LPVO is on the drawing board..

I suspect they are done with LOW and will move production stateside. Ideally an XTR3 in an 8x or 10x.

Reactions: rlsmith1
    Burris is in a weird position where the only current production LPVO they have is the RT-6. The RT-8 got discontinued before it even really got released. The RT-6 is a terrific scope for its price point, but as the OP has pointed out, the lack of any higher-end LPVO is pretty glaring.

If they can get an XTR III 1-8x to market with a daylight bright FFP reticle (BDC and MRAD options) and price it at ~$1500 street, I think they'll have a very compelling alternative to the Razor Gen3 - especially if they can swing adjustable parallax into it and maybe a 28mm objective. Admittedly, this is asking a lot, but they've really impressed with the XTR III line thus far.

I'd also like to see a higher price point refresh of the RT-6 with a daylight bright reticle to compete with the Viper PST GenII, for that matter. None of the PSTs have BDC reticles, so the RT-6 with a daylight bright reticle at $450 street would be a very compelling option for newer multi-gun shooters.

Last edited: