• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Xtreme bullets..Anyone else use them?

JW21

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2013
northern CA
I have used some of the .223 jacketed bullets with ok success. Does anyone have a decent plinking load with these for a AR?

I have used some of the .223 jacketed bullets with ok success. Does anyone have a decent plinking load with these for a AR?

They are limited to 2400 fps for the jacketed bullets. I have some that I gave away because I like shooting my 223 at higher velocities. I forgot the exact load, but I remember around 20 gr TAC because of the velocity limit.

Their pistol bullets are decent though.....not the greatest but for the price, they'll do.

Last edited:
They are limited to 2400 fps for the jacketed bullets. I have some that I gave away because I like shooting my 223 at higher velocities. I forgot the exact load, but I remember around 20 gr TAC because of the velocity limit.

Their pistol bullets are decent though.....not the greatest but for the price, they'll do.

Interesting I did not know that

Where does it say they are limited to 2400 fps?

Where does it say they are limited to 2400 fps?

It doesn't...that's just it. I had to call Extreme and talk to a tech there. He reluctantly gave up that info. They publish the pistol data on their web site, but not rifle data.

My reloads were primarily fliers using the extreme bullets, because I was pushing them to 2900 or so. Once I slowed them down to 2400, they improved dramatically.

I pay a little more for Hornady B/T at 55 Gr, but they fly true at 3,000 fps.

It doesn't...that's just it. I had to call Extreme and talk to a tech there. He reluctantly gave up that info. They publish the pistol data on their web site, but not rifle data.

My reloads were primarily fliers using the extreme bullets, because I was pushing them to 2900 or so. Once I slowed them down to 2400, they improved dramatically.

I pay a little more for Hornady B/T at 55 Gr, but they fly true at 3,000 fps.

I loaded up my first batch of them the other day to over 3000 fps and they shot pretty bad. I figured it was because I didn't do any load development. It makes sense now if that is the case.

I loaded up my first batch of them the other day to over 3000 fps and they shot pretty bad. I figured it was because I didn't do any load development. It makes sense now if that is the case.

You my want to call Extreme as well to see what they tell you.

At first, I asked the receptionist. She told me "They shoot like any other 223." I said to her that they all shoot differently, and again asked her for the maximum fps. That's when she got the tech on the line.

I never did get the BC out of the guy though. When I heard 2400 fps, I knew I was going no further. I gave them to a buddy who uses then for low speed plinking, and he says he will never use them again after he shoots them all up. He did however get them more accurate by loading at slower speeds and making sure his barrel is cool enough between firings.