• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Xtreme Long Range rig photo's

savage110

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2009
USA
So since im considering a .375 ct for my next build and am looking for Ideas, let's see all those sexy .375's out there, hell lets see the .408's aswell.
Please include specs!
-Felipe

Re: Xtreme Long Range rig photo's

Common I know a few of you guys must have some .375's

Mines not to sexy or tacticool but it gets the job done.
DSC00132.jpg

How about .338s?

DSC_0069.jpg

DTA SRS .338 Lapua Magnum, S&B PMII 5-25x56mm, RND Bipod
Good to a mile...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about .338s?
.</div></div>

Absolutely!!

IMG_8359.jpg

Later got any spare mags?? LOL

It would take 182 rounds to fill those mags. I guess he doesn't like ammo cans:)

"He's got something against these cans!" - sorry, couldn't help it.

Two former .408 children, now with adopted parents.

DSCF01001a.jpg

and the new child, his big brother is still cookin in the oven

Picture016-2.jpg

Later still hasn't contacted me about him adopting me into the family. I'm hurt and disappointed. I even called first dibs'

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Converts from 50BMG, 416Barrett, 375/408 and 408 Cheytac
SHOTSHOW334.jpg

Top is 408, Middle is 375/408 and bottom is 300WM
1219270631.jpg

stuff1.jpg

</div></div>

Dang...I really want one of those HTI's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now we are getting somewhere, LATER, all I can say is wow... Jimmy, your rig also speaks to me. Since we are talking .338's aswell, anyone got a M98 windrunner? the dedicated .338lm windrunner...
More Rig pics!!!!!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mines not to sexy or tacticool but it gets the job done.
DSC00132.jpg
</div></div>
Steve nice rig, what action are you running?

The M98 is a nice rifle - by far the smallest and lightest of the Windrunner family (sans the Mini). But as a platform it feels like major overkill for .338LM.

Dogtown, I like the fact that you can take it together and put ti in a small package like a custom jigged 72hour backpack of some sort with only the barrel in a pouch on the side. MORE PICS !
-Felipe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mines not to sexy or tacticool but it gets the job done.
DSC00132.jpg
</div></div>
Steve nice rig, what action are you running? </div></div>

It's a Lawton 8000

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mines not to sexy or tacticool but it gets the job done.
DSC00132.jpg
</div></div>

I can certainly vouch for that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mines not to sexy or tacticool but it gets the job done.
DSC00132.jpg
</div></div>

It's a Lawton 8000 </div></div>

Steve, very cool, thats the plan if I decide to build up a ELR rig I wouldn't have the cash for an HTI or anything similar with the price of reloading for these beasts, I think a lawton action, krieger barrel in a manners or MCM or one of those metal stocks that XLR on this site is building would be awesome. Top if off with a Nightforce and use the rest on ammo and loading supply's. Whats your zero?
-Felipe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Converts from 50BMG, 416Barrett, 375/408 and 408 Cheytac
SHOTSHOW334.jpg

1219270631.jpg

stuff1.jpg

</div></div>

Talk about ... envy. Shit. that's is some serious collection there.

I think that one of these in coyote tan would be an awesome stock for a .375
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure, check out the website gallery:

http://www.xlrindustries.com/Gallery.html

I have a new version of the Lawton 8000 cheytac stock that is a trimmed down version of the pictures you have seen. It is the last 3 on the "gallery" page.

Here are some pics of one of the first stocks in a Lawton 8000 repeater. I use the vented aluminum tube now not the coarbon fiber one the length of which can be whatever you like.

stocks014.jpg

stocks021.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about .338s?
.</div></div>

Absolutely!!

IMG_8359.jpg
</div></div>

Thats sexy!

Later, you've got to make it to the "Beach" with some of that. I heard Scott was heading this way, reunion?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Cheers,

Doc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave Mayeda</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, I thought the DTA HTI was not going to be available until the end of this year.
I want one too.</div></div>

You are absolutely correct!!! Note the email address in my profile
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doc76251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Later, you've got to make it to the "Beach" with some of that. I heard Scott was heading this way, reunion?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Cheers,

Doc</div></div>

Doc..Yea he mentioned last week that he was gonna be busy this week with Mil types
smile.gif

Yea man we need to setup reunion for all Damneck shooting crew lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave Mayeda</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, I thought the DTA HTI was not going to be available until the end of this year.
I want one too.</div></div>

You are absolutely correct!!! Note the email address in my profile
smile.gif

</div></div>

Later......all I can say is.....nevermind.....when I get my DTA then I can tell you that I hate you......
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mines not to sexy or tacticool but it gets the job done.
DSC00132.jpg
</div></div>

Steve, very cool, thats the plan if I decide to build up a ELR rig I wouldn't have the cash for an HTI or anything similar with the price of reloading for these beasts, I think a lawton action, krieger barrel in a manners or MCM or one of those metal stocks that XLR on this site is building would be awesome. Top if off with a Nightforce and use the rest on ammo and loading supply's. Whats your zero?
-Felipe </div></div>

Felipe,

IMO,the thing to be careful about with the 375CT is picking which projectile and what distance you plan on shooting.
To some degree you almost have to build the rifle(specifically barrel)around the projectile.Especially when it comes to twist,bore,and groove dimensions.

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"He's got something against these cans!" - sorry, couldn't help it.

</div></div>

I am not a fan of very many "cans" period LMAO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Felipe,

IMO,the thing to be careful about with the 375CT is picking which projectile and what distance you plan on shooting.
To some degree you almost have to build the rifle(specifically barrel)around the projectile.Especially when it comes to twist,bore,and groove dimensions.

Steve

</div></div>
Thanks for the info Steve, when the time comes, ill pm you with some questions about what bullet, what twist etc...
-Felipe

Here is mine with new "small" muzzle brake. I get my 3 axis CNC in the next few weeks, so I will be working on my chasis system soon. I should have a new Action coming out by the end of summer.(cross my fingers) The "vigilante" will be a repeater. I will be working on some bottom metal for it too. So the guys wanting a repeater but not wanting the Cheytac mag system hanging down will have a lower profile system. Mainly for hunting purposes.

Jason

6939d0d2.jpg

damn, all very sexy rigs guys!

Jason,

Who did the camo job on the weapon pictured?

Very nice, I like the fact that is is suttle.

I did. The wife saw picture of an Asian pit viper and asked me to try it. I used barrel netting for the scales and digital stencels for the stripes. If my airbrush wasn't broken I would have given it a bit more detail.

Thanks
Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Converts from 50BMG, 416Barrett, 375/408 and 408 Cheytac
SHOTSHOW334.jpg

1219270631.jpg

stuff1.jpg

</div></div>

Talk about ... envy. Shit. that's is some serious collection there. </div></div>

Yeah, i guess Later wins!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
SHOTSHOW334.jpg

</div></div>

Who makes these muzzle brakes? i want one...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mines not to sexy or tacticool but it gets the job done.
DSC00132.jpg
</div></div>

-Felipe </div></div>

Sorry Felipe,I forgot to answer your question.I use a 300Y zero.

There's going to be a bullet test that Jeff and Noel are putting together later this year.Hopefully some conclusions can be made as to what heavy solids work best at what twists and velocities.

The 350 Hookers out of the lost river bore from Lawton have been the best that I've tried so far for past 2000Y.

Steve

Wow those are some badass sticks! Someday im gonna be able to afford ammo for one of those!

Beautiful group of weapons.

Wonder if any of you have tried this? It's a time burner to prep, math, wind, etc. but I do this every time I go out.

Mentally assume as a fact that you only have one round with you, (even if you have more). Make a 0-0 hit with a clean cold bore shot, be it 1000, 1500, 2000.

That is my objective, not there yet. It's easy to correct with two or three shots, but to make a first round 0-0 hit is the challenge. When I accomplish that I will then know my weapon, and know for a fact what it and I can do.

Its not so much knowing your weapon as it is knowing the conditions and enviroment your shooting in.

groper,

The muzzle brakes in the photo that Later posted are made by R.L. Fisher. He supplies that brake to McMillan, and he also makes a variety of these suitable for other calibers.

PM me if you want his contact info.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lrs50bmg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">groper,

The muzzle brakes in the photo that Later posted are made by R.L. Fisher. He supplies that brake to McMillan, and he also makes a variety of these suitable for other calibers.

PM me if you want his contact info.

Scott</div></div>

CORRECT and he is absolute great guy to talk with and will go out of his way to help you!!! He and his products are top knotch.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: landtech308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice looking rigs </div></div>
Stop tryng to get your posts up idiot, you have posted 6 or so posts like this in the last 10 minutes.