• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Xtreme Measures Training Group - 2 Day Precision Rifle Class Waxahachie Texas May 24-25

Sierra

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2009
Texas
www.xmtgllc.com
Precision Rifle I - May 24-25

If you are new to precision rifle shooting or just want to get back to the basics, this class is one that you will want to take. This class will lay the foundation that you will need to become an excellent precision rifle shooter. The class is two days, 10 hours a day. Lunch will be on the range so you will need to bring a lunch and water. You will need a back pack to carry your equipment, food, and water.

Mandatory equipment for this class is a tactical rifle that is capable of MOA accuracy with bi-pod and leather or nylon adjustable sling. Your scope will need to have tactical turrets for adjusting your scope with a Mil. reticle. The largest caliber that you can shoot in this class is .300 Winchester Magnum. Your rifle can be a bolt gun or a gas gun. The round count for the class is a minimum of 300 rounds, more would be better. It is recommended that you have a smart phone with a ballistic application on your phone. We use Shooter Ballistic Application.

Some of the topics covered in this class are safety, equipment selection, rifle set up, fundamentals of marksmanship, shooting positions, malfunctions, understanding MOA and Mils., effects of wind, shooter spotter communication, and zeroing.

This class requires that you are in good enough physical condition to walk and carry all of your equipment. You must also be able to get up and down from the ground safely without assistance.

We must have 6 students to be able to do the class. Maximum students is 16.

To reserve your spot you must pay a non-refundable deposit of $200.00 (deposit will be refunded if we do not get 6 students). The balance is due two weeks before the date of the class. If you do not pay a deposit YOUR SPOT IS NOT RESERVED in the class. We accept credit cards.

Required Equipment
* Eye protection
* Hearing protection
* Appropriate clothing for the weather. We shoot rain or shine!
* Sunscreen
* Rifle capable of MOA accuracy
* Bi-pod
* Mil. reticle scope with tactical turrets, preferably variable power
* Leather or nylon adjustable sling
* Lunch
* Water
* Back Pack
* Calculator
* Data book

Nice to Have Equipment
* Smart phone with ballistic application
* Binoculars

Additional Equipment
* Shooting pad or poncho liner
* Spotting Scope/Tripod
* Extra ammunition

Cost: $400.00 (2 Day-20 hours)

Maximum Seats:16 Minimum Seats: 6

Students may be required to pass a background check before being able to attend the class. Concealed Carry Permits are accepted in place of a background check. No prerequisites required for this class.

E-mail: [email protected]
Xtreme Measures Training Group
Contact Donna for booking - 972-742-5079
http://www.xmtgllc.com/documents/Precision Rifle Reg.pdf

Last edited:
I have been talking with James, getting all my gear squared away for this class. It is going to be a great time!

I have had a few questions asked about the school so I figured I would post the answers here. Day one will start out in the class room and then we will move to the 100 and 200 yard line by mid day. All afternoon will be spent at the 100 and 200 yard line working on fundamentals. Day two will start out on the long range and we will be shooting from 300 to 800 yards. We may even have time to push out to 1000 yards if everyone is shooting well. Parking will be right near the line so any extra gear in your car will be accessible if it is needed. We have just rebuilt our web site so I am posting the link that goes to the page about this school. Precision Rifle I | Xtreme Measures Training Group If you have any questions that I have not answered here or that is not answered online you can always give us a call.

Answer to another question. MOA optics as well as Mil are acceptable for the class. You just need a optic with a reticle that will allow you to hold for wind and elevation for quick engagements.

We finished up our two day tactical precision rifle school today. Day one started in the class room and ended on the 200 yard line. Today we started out on the long range bright and early. The winds were blowing from 3 MPH to 10 MPH at 1/2 to full value. All shooters were able to get hits from 300 to 1000 yards. We had one shooter get hits at 1200 yards. This was a great class with some outstanding shooters. I would like to thank Chip, Neil, James, and Michael for their attention to detail while behind the gun. That effort payed off big time for all of the shooters allowing them to get hits at extreme distances in less than perfect shooting conditions! To see all of the photos from this class be sure and visit our gallery. Our Gallery | Xtreme Measures Training Group

Attachments

• IMG_1152.JPG
    IMG_1152.JPG
    260.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1154.JPG
    IMG_1154.JPG
    244.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1157.JPG
    IMG_1157.JPG
    232.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1172.JPG
    IMG_1172.JPG