• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Xtriii scope ring height?

z7.jled

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2014
Tampa, FL
Putting a 3-18 xtriii on an archimedes with a 30 Moa rail

Looking at American rifle company rings. Would high rings (32mm-1.26”) be sufficient?
Would medium rings work? (28mm)

I tried the mil-rad.com calculator and it says it will work but “just barely with a flat top. .3”

Barrel is a light Palma from PVA. I don’t have the action in hand yet so I can’t measure the drop where the scope bell should be to the barrel.

I would just get high rings but this is a kids gun and I want to make sure then krg X-ray will allow enough adjustment for small faces

Thanks

If that has a 50mm objective, mediums should work. I would go with highs if it's a 56mm objective.

1.26" is going to be AR- height{I.E objective will clear a hand guard. Both of my XTRIIIs are in Seekins low, on remington 700s, with varmint contour barrels. That is the 3-18 and the 5.5-30.

Reactions: z7.jled
I have a 50mm objective in lows but it only has a 20moa rail. I think I would need medium rings if it had a 30moa rail.

Also, I have found the KRG products generally have pretty good check riser adjustment, but I have a fat face. 😄

Medium will be fine.
I ran 25mm high rings on the Tikka CTR (roughly a light palma contour) with a 56mm objective, so a 50mm will be no problems.