• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Xylo mag latch length?

Boatninja

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2018
Out there somewhere
Can someone measure a Xylo mag latch for me? I've been trying to find out in order to alter one of the 2" ones I have now to work.
Just FYI, this is what I was told today, might keep some of the confusion out of this confusing topic. I haven't been able to make an AICS mag work either, it doesn't go in the mag well far enough to engage the original "standard"latch which was longer. What is now the "standard" latch is shorter than what was originally included. The original 2" latch is longer than what became the "standard" latch.
I would like to know what the current "standard" latch length is? Not trying to be argumentative or claim like others to know everything. I should have asked today when I spoke with ARC on the phone, my mistake. It's almost humorous at this point, kinda like the old Abbot & Costello "Who's On First?" skit . I guess I don’t want to call ARC back tomorrow and possibly further slow down orders. Yep, ole Ted has been known to change things up!😎

Can someone measure a Xylo mag latch for me? I've been trying to find out in order to alter one of the 2" ones I have now to work.
Just FYI, this is what I was told today, might keep some of the confusion out of this confusing topic. I haven't been able to make an AICS mag work either, it doesn't go in the mag well far enough to engage the original "standard"latch which was longer. What is now the "standard" latch is shorter than what was originally included. The original 2" latch is longer than what became the "standard" latch.
I would like to know what the current "standard" latch length is? Not trying to be argumentative or claim like others to know everything. I should have asked today when I spoke with ARC on the phone, my mistake. It's almost humorous at this point, kinda like the old Abbot & Costello "Who's On First?" skit . I guess I don’t want to call ARC back tomorrow and possibly further slow down orders. Yep, ole Ted has been known to change things up!😎
This is the std latch June/July 2020.
AW mag fits perfect.
IMG_7695.jpg

Reactions: Boatninja
I purchased a Xylo chassis and an extra "Standard" latch, two weeks ago.

Both latches are stamped with 1.10 0.34.

The length is 1.10" from the center of the pin hole that the latch pivots on to the tip of the latch that engages the magazine.

1684487549558.jpeg

When ARC released the CDG, I asked about shorter latches for the AICS magazines. They stated that at that time they did not have any, but might make some in the next run. The shorter latches are not listed on their website as of today.

Reactions: Boatninja