• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ya gotta Love This (NOT!)

Dead Eye Dick

Command Spec 4 (formally known as Wiillk)
Supporter
Minuteman
May 18, 2020
North Louisiana
Car thefts are on the rise. So who’s to blame. The criminals? The anti-police causing forces to lose good cops right and left?

No, its you and me. Our beloved government is demanding the carmakers make the cars more theft proof. Who’s gonna pay? Who’s gonna have to put up with the inconvenience?

Of course, no one wants their property stolen. But as usual, Rather than crack down on the criminals. Let’s crack down on the victims; the honest citizens. Make us Pay and Pay and Pay.

Reactions: BurtG and 338dude
Who’s gonna have to put up with the inconvenience?

Of course, no one wants their property stolen.
I’m having an issue with the juxtaposition of these two sentences. No one is forcing you to lock the doors, roll up the windows, hide or remove valuables, or even take the keys when you leave your vehicle unattended.

Personally, I’m pretty hacked off by the piss poor locks and the abysmal ‘security’ they provide. That is before addressing the remote “spoofing” that has become prevalent.

Of course, if a thief really wants your car they can hitch up to the overhead door and pull it off the runners, then drag your vehicle up on a rollback. But, that doesn’t excuse the manufacturers’ shitty security.

No one is forcing you to lock the doors, roll up the windows, hide or remove valuables, or even take the keys when you leave your vehicle unattended.
You make good points. Systems need to be better. But I refuse to pay for negligence. What person with an iq higher than a mentally retarded rock would not do the things you say especially in these days and times?

But I am tired of the government making demands that are rarely if ever effective but usually quite costly. I have seen well run, economical programs that benefited the clients and the taxpayers. The feds move in, the costs go though the roof and only the crooks and quasi-criminals benefit. I know, I worked in government too long, seen too much stupidity. Please do a search of mine regarding safety in school shootings and you’ll understand.

Car thefts are on the rise. So who’s to blame. The criminals? The anti-police causing forces to lose good cops right and left?

No, its you and me. Our beloved government is demanding the carmakers make the cars more theft proof. Who’s gonna pay? Who’s gonna have to put up with the inconvenience?

Of course, no one wants their property stolen. But as usual, Rather than crack down on the criminals. Let’s crack down on the victims; the honest citizens. Make us Pay and Pay and Pay.
Here in Kansas City our corrupt politicians forced a new airport on us all, and made us pay for it too. It just opened recently, as in last week. This past weekend, 40 cars were stolen out of their new parking lot. Will the prosecutors prosecute the criminals? Of course not.

Branden

Here in Kansas City our corrupt politicians forced a new airport on us all, and made us pay for it too. It just opened recently, as in last week. This past weekend, 40 cars were stolen out of their new parking lot. Will the prosecutors prosecute the criminals? Of course not.

Branden
I swear that’s how they get these shitbums to vote for them and win. Free handouts and no jail time.

Branden
You can be damn sure the police would arrest and prosecutors would prosecute anyone that would defend their property. Gov’t needs chaos in order to grow stronger.

You can be damn sure the police would arrest and prosecutors would prosecute anyone that would defend their property. Gov’t needs chaos in order to grow stronger.
Lately they haven't. They haven't even been prosecuting many outright murders. They did prosecute a contractor that took $3K from an old lady and then ghosted an old lady. Only reason anything was done was because the local news got involved and made 'em look bad.

The rate that the city gets convictions, let alone charges, is so abysmally low, that the rate of crimes being solved is single digits, and of those, 60% are charges stemming from confessions. You want to be a criminal, come to Kansas City, incompetence is so staggering you can make a successful career out of it....just don't confess to the crime.

Branden

Ok, just as an FYI…..criminals now have the technology to use code scanners to get the code to auto garage doors and routinely drive through neighborhoods during the day while you are hard at work activating those doors to open and recording which ones do so #1. They come back later after watching you leave your home to go stuff your pie hole or vacation, and you return to grandma sitting in the rocker staring at the stand where the tv used to be and all your other shit gone. And #2 all the “secure”key fobs that have to be in the car for them to start ( read Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Alfa Romeo) yea, we’ll, they give off a continuous signal, that once again can be read by the scanners. So while you are tucked in your bed warm and toasty under your woobie, they scan, open, start, and drive off in less than 2min. If the key is anywhere near a window or door, it can be read.
So while I agree, we pay more for this type of criminal shit, it occurs in all facets of life. Just think how cheap shit would be at Wally World if the didn’t have to subsidize the fucking shop lifters.
When our society finally has enough of the fucking shit bags in this world getting over on the rest of us honest hard working folks, they will demand that said shut bags be held to count for their shit bag activity. They haven’t yet, and the behavior continues and escalates. Look for example at the what the DC council has passed “reduced penalties for crimes”and the number of carjackings by the hood looms in PG county MD.

just more proof of a government hard at work keeping the country safe . lol

Reactions: JR_77
Shoot thieves.

They used to shoot horse-thieves. Should be a new, fashionable game!

And, while the BIL's car is parked at our place here, (Charger) the key-fob-thingy sits in a cast-iron Dutch Oven, with the lid on.

Car thefts often happen at night, in residential areas. It is difficult to both identify a target and be sure of an appropriate backstop in a residential area. That's why I think flamethrowers should be used.

Shoot thieves.

They used to shoot horse-thieves. Should be a new, fashionable game!

And, while the BIL's car is parked at our place here, (Charger) the key-fob-thingy sits in a cast-iron Dutch Oven, with the lid on.
I had a ghetto blaster stolen out of my truck. Bastard used a pocketknife (which he dropped and left in the truck) to pry open the vent window. I wanted to get a frag grenade, put in another ghetto blaster, tie a long fishing line to it, tie that to the steering wheel and leave it in the truck.

Booby trapping is a serious crime so I didnt but fuck a bunch of thieves,

Car thefts often happen at night, in residential areas. It is difficult to both identify a target and be sure of an appropriate backstop in a residential area. That's why I think flamethrowers should be used.
# 7 shot in a 12 gauge.

Or:

12471.jpg

Truthfully, today it's much easier to steal a car/truck than it was 20 years ago.
20 years ago you had a key, not a fob that transmitted the unlocking code for 30 feet.
If you have the right gear all you need do is be near the cars owner, snif the code being transmitted and store it till the time to steal is right.
You can easily sniff the codes with a cellphone and a tiny bit of creative coding, you can also store the code on it, and then transmit it when the time is right.

Bring back actual keys, problem solved .... or at least cut down significantly.

Reactions: 338dude
NO! They hung horse thieves.

I don't know if this is still law in Louisiana.

LA Rev Stat § 14:20
§20. Justifiable homicide

A. A homicide is justifiable:

(1) When committed in self-defense by one who reasonably believes that he is in imminent danger of losing his life or receiving great bodily harm and that the killing is necessary to save himself from that danger.

(2) When committed for the purpose of preventing a violent or forcible felony involving danger to life or of great bodily harm by one who reasonably believes that such an offense is about to be committed and that such action is necessary for its prevention. The circumstances must be sufficient to excite the fear of a reasonable person that there would be serious danger to his own life or person if he attempted to prevent the felony without the killing.

(3) When committed against a person whom one reasonably believes to be likely to use any unlawful force against a person present in a dwelling or a place of business, or when committed against a person whom one reasonably believes is attempting to use any unlawful force against a person present in a motor vehicle as defined in R.S. 32:1(40), while committing or attempting to commit a burglary or robbery of such dwelling, business, or motor vehicle.

(4)(a) When committed by a person lawfully inside a dwelling, a place of business, or a motor vehicle as defined in R.S. 32:1(40), against a person who is attempting to make an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, or who has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, and the person committing the homicide reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the entry or to compel the intruder to leave the premises or motor vehicle.

(b) The provisions of this Paragraph shall not apply when the person committing the homicide is engaged, at the time of the homicide, in the acquisition of, the distribution of, or possession of, with intent to distribute a controlled dangerous substance in violation of the provisions of the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Law.

B. For the purposes of this Section, there shall be a presumption that a person lawfully inside a dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle held a reasonable belief that the use of deadly force was necessary to prevent unlawful entry thereto, or to compel an unlawful intruder to leave the premises or motor vehicle, if both of the following occur:

(1) The person against whom deadly force was used was in the process of unlawfully and forcibly entering or had unlawfully and forcibly entered the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle.

(2) The person who used deadly force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry was occurring or had occurred.

C. A person who is not engaged in unlawful activity and who is in a place where he or she has a right to be shall have no duty to retreat before using deadly force as provided for in this Section, and may stand his or her ground and meet force with force.

D. No finder of fact shall be permitted to consider the possibility of retreat as a factor in determining whether or not the person who used deadly force had a reasonable belief that deadly force was reasonable and apparently necessary to prevent a violent or forcible felony involving life or great bodily harm or to prevent the unlawful entry.

You know if people would quit paying these ridiculous amounts for new and bought used autos the prices would go down. I just got a 20 uear old pickup for 2 grand. Been driving it all over hell 3 to 5 hours from home... even has a remote start. Someone steals it I'll be pissed, but it's probably not high on the desire list.

Stop buying new vehicles period...
They come lo-jacked from the factory with continuous gps monitoring, cant be worked on or serviced by most owners, are more technologically complex than they need to be....all for your "convenience and pleasure".... to the tune of $800/mo.

Mom sure loves that auto lift tailgate bullshit.
Stop being lazy and row your own gears, lock your own doors, and be in charge of your own shit.

Shred

The government, the policy makers, those that do the "cracking down"....... these are the criminals as well.
It's hard to realize and accept but once you do, things are easier to explain

I don't know if this is still law in Louisiana.

LA Rev Stat § 14:20
§20. Justifiable homicide

A. A homicide is justifiable:

(1) When committed in self-defense by one who reasonably believes that he is in imminent danger of losing his life or receiving great bodily harm and that the killing is necessary to save himself from that danger.

(2) When committed for the purpose of preventing a violent or forcible felony involving danger to life or of great bodily harm by one who reasonably believes that such an offense is about to be committed and that such action is necessary for its prevention. The circumstances must be sufficient to excite the fear of a reasonable person that there would be serious danger to his own life or person if he attempted to prevent the felony without the killing.

(3) When committed against a person whom one reasonably believes to be likely to use any unlawful force against a person present in a dwelling or a place of business, or when committed against a person whom one reasonably believes is attempting to use any unlawful force against a person present in a motor vehicle as defined in R.S. 32:1(40), while committing or attempting to commit a burglary or robbery of such dwelling, business, or motor vehicle.

(4)(a) When committed by a person lawfully inside a dwelling, a place of business, or a motor vehicle as defined in R.S. 32:1(40), against a person who is attempting to make an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, or who has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, and the person committing the homicide reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the entry or to compel the intruder to leave the premises or motor vehicle.

(b) The provisions of this Paragraph shall not apply when the person committing the homicide is engaged, at the time of the homicide, in the acquisition of, the distribution of, or possession of, with intent to distribute a controlled dangerous substance in violation of the provisions of the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Law.
B. For the purposes of this Section, there shall be a presumption that a person lawfully inside a dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle held a reasonable belief that the use of deadly force was necessary to prevent unlawful entry thereto, or to compel an unlawful intruder to leave the premises or motor vehicle, if both of the following occur:

(1) The person against whom deadly force was used was in the process of unlawfully and forcibly entering or had unlawfully and forcibly entered the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle.

(2) The person who used deadly force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry was occurring or had occurred.

C. A person who is not engaged in unlawful activity and who is in a place where he or she has a right to be shall have no duty to retreat before using deadly force as provided for in this Section, and may stand his or her ground and meet force with force.

D. No finder of fact shall be permitted to consider the possibility of retreat as a factor in determining whether or not the person who used deadly force had a reasonable belief that deadly force was reasonable and apparently necessary to prevent a violent or forcible felony involving life or great bodily harm or to prevent the unlawful entry.
Had the neighborhood bully jerk my car door open and raise his fists at me, in an altercation that he started. (In fact, he broke at least two statues prior on this day. We did our best to ignore him. Obviously, he would not go away)

Anyway, this fellow, who is at least ten years older than I am, not in good physical condition and relies on bluster and hollering and insulting to get his way in the neighborhood, was told to get his hands off of my vehicle. He complied, but in the process, I made the mistake of calling him a liar and a crook (which he actually was in his dealings with the community water system which he took control off.; he lied about the requirements for entry so his niece could join for free and he refused to provide any kind of documentation about where the money was going that he was demanding be paid, a sure sign that something was not on the up and up)

As I was doing yard work, I was not carrying. He is probably alive to this day because of that fact. He jerked my door open, raised his fist and hollered that I could not talk to him that way. I got out of the truck, looked him square in the eye, preparing to defend myself and my wife (AKA to beat the tar out of that little ass-hole) He backed away and left the scene.

End of story, he went to a neighbor’s home and screamed and hollered and cussed about me for quite some time. I finished my yard work.

This being the one and only time when I needed a firearm and was glad I did not have one.

Reactions: JM4590 and BurtG