• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

YAHOOO!!! JUST PICKED UP MY PRESS.

The Mechanic

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2006
San Diego County Ca.
Just picked up my brand spankin' new Hollywood press with dies quick change shell holders, adapters and all. The .50 will be spittin' hand loads from now on. Picked up powder primers and some A-max's so I am ready to go. Just to let you know how big this thing is that is a 9mm on the left and a .45 on the right of the tool head. Thing must weigh 70 lbs.

DSC07463.jpg

Re: YAHOOO!!! JUST PICKED UP MY PRESS.

Very nice. One of these days I'm going to get around to loading up a bunch of .50. Don't have the scratch for a Hollywood though. I hear they are pretty hard to come by. Did you have trouble getting yours?

That's a Nice lookin' press. Hefty and HEAVY duty! ..

Hollywood press huh? What made you choose that press?

I got the call from Tom Miller of EDM arms (the guy I bought my Windrunner from) who is a friend of Joe's who makes the Hollywood press so I guess I got an inside scoop you could say. This thing is built like a tank.

It is heavy duty enough to easily form .50DTC ammo and even swage projo's. It is considered the Cadillac of presses in the .50 field. When one comes around if you don't jump on it then there will be 30 guys right behind you with the cash in hand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: general_purpose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a Nice lookin' press. Hefty and HEAVY duty! ..

Hollywood press huh? What made you choose that press?</div></div>

So glad to see that Hollywood is still cranking them out. Must be 60+ years, now. Bet you won't wear that sucker out in 60 years. Unless you forget the lube.

Very nice. I am just curious as to how much that thing costs? Looking for a press for my 50 BMG too. But I am leaning toward the RCBS Ammo2 Master.

They are $1250 for the press $25 for the adapter and another $20 for the shell plate adapter that allows quick change of the shell holder. New shell holders just snap in and out. The CH4D dies are $340. This is all retail prices but I got a killer once in a lifetime deal on it.

What big ears your alligator has!

Actually, looking the picture of your press, I'm confused by the locking bolt on the turret, the long, vertical one that screws into the base. The turret has handles, but it doesn't seem to rotate. I'm looking at it wrong somehow. Help?

Thanks for the info I just ordered mine from Tom. I know he has a bunch of them but I had know idea he personally knows Joe, otherwise these presses are next to impossible to get.

The rod is there to keep run out at a minimum when full length resizing the BMG. These presses with good Dies will keep runout to .002.

Tonight, I wish I would of know he could get them a couple years ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C.K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The rod is there to keep run out at a minimum when full length resizing the BMG.</div></div>
Thanks. Never would have guessed.