• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Yall be safe out there..

Forgetful Coyote

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2011
Georgia
To everybody working a dangerous or semi-dangerous job.. don't get hurt!
Yesterday was 367 days with zero safety incidents at my work - Dayton Superior.

I'm the white dude, wayy in the back toward the right, gray baseball hat.

Inb4 "holy shit OP works in concrete" jokes and questions about bow kills.. I'm just junior varsity I reckon.. I'm a lowly machine operator.

Attachments

• 20231208_220245.jpg
    20231208_220245.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 302
That some funny shit right there. The look on his face gave him away.

Dudes… Forgetful coyote is totally the real deal!

He does concrete work!

Now if he can show bow kills and Velcro sneakers, he will own this place!!!

Sirhr
Aren’t Velcro sneakers a given with this crowd?

Having spent 40 some odd years in commercial construction, 23 as a superintendent . I appreciate the achievement in safety, and your insurance company thanks you as well, good job gang. Back when I was a wee carpenter foreman I built a lot of Symon forms, mostly water treatment plant, lift stations, etc. Always good to see a pat on the back because no one in the trades wants to make the news for the flips side of this.

So exactly how many cams are on that dude! (currently at -70lbs myself!)

Everyone laughs at safety until they loose a finger or an arm! (GJ doods!)
No doubt. And when theres a production goal to be met... and you have to do quality/specification control at same time by yourself, a finger could get gone in a split second lapse of judgement. At least on the machines I work on.. I make various steel concrete-forming/support pieces. And their plastic accessories.
One of the various pieces I make:
1702095372292.png

Watched one side of the overhead crane at my old job fail right on top of my buddy and come falling straight down toward his head when bringing some fresh plate over to the CNC plasma cutter.
Wooh! Closest call Ive ever seen... God knows how many tons of massive steel plates falling straight toward him.
Luckily he was able to dive off the machine's water bed in nick of time. Sprained his ankle landing on the tall sharp rail-tracks of the machine, but I'll take that anyday over getting smushed like a pancake and stone-dead.

Last edited:
Reactions: jrassy
Back about 1984, my first day on the job in Dallas Texas, a dude fell 6 stories down an elevator shaft, I got the rest of the day off. Welcome to commercial construction. Two guys stripping form work after the floor pour. One dude working between the bottom rail and midrail reached over a bit to far through them to strip the stop, as I was told, no safety harness, bye, bye

• Wow
Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
Back in 2010 IIRC our local lost 5 ironworkers , in 3 separate incidents, it was a very bad year , and I can garrentee you we never went 300 days without a lost time accident, when I first got in the trade safety was very lax , nowadays you can get run off for minor violations, been retired for 8 years and don't miss it one bit

This thread reminds me I’m glad I don’t work for a corporation anymore.

I now get to stand on forklift forks to change light bulbs, don’t have to tie off over 6’, or any height for that matter.
The other day my boss was fixing the driveway with a box blade, needed some extra weight so I jumped on the blade and rode it back and forth a while. Ah, life is good.

This thread reminds me I’m glad I don’t work for a corporation anymore.

I now get to stand on forklift forks to change light bulbs, don’t have to tie off over 6’, or any height for that matter.
The other day my boss was fixing the driveway with a box blade, needed some extra weight so I jumped on the blade and rode it back and forth a while. Ah, life is good.
Sounds like a 90’s kid movie. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: TicTacTex
Back about 1984, my first day on the job in Dallas Texas, a dude fell 6 stories down an elevator shaft, I got the rest of the day off. Welcome to commercial construction. Two guys stripping form work after the floor pour. One dude working between the bottom rail and midrail reached over a bit to far through them to strip the stop, as I was told, no safety harness, bye, bye
Damn. RIP.. to him and everyone else lost while helping build the stuff around us that makes life so much easier that we take for granted.

To everybody working a dangerous or semi-dangerous job.. don't get hurt!
Yesterday was 367 days with zero safety incidents at my work - Dayton Superior.

I'm the white dude, wayy in the back toward the right, gray baseball hat.

Inb4 "holy shit OP works in concrete" jokes and questions about bow kills.. I'm just junior varsity I reckon.. I'm a lowly machine operator.
Not seeing it. Is it possible to see a picture without the glare?

It always looks like it does. No matter how many warning labels are around, there’s someone who walks right past them
seriously, that is one of the most retarded things I have seen done in a wood shop. The crosscut capacity would barely cover that, and he started the rip from the end closest to the fence so the blade could pull towards him.

He should have been fired and docked pay for lost productivity.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
seriously, that is one of the most retarded things I have seen done in a wood shop. The crosscut capacity would barely cover that, and he started the rip from the end closest to the fence so the blade could pull towards him.

Exactly….

He was a subcontractor working for himself. No loss to the contractor.

That’s funny.
The 'hide needs Quigley Ford to come back and shit on mine and everyone else's bench press max, bow kills, and low experience in concrete. :ROFLMAO:

LOL hell.. I generally only do incline dumbell press not flat barbell bench, don't like bows.. and IDGAF about concrete(I just wanna learn how to machine like @sirhrmechanic and @buffalowinter ).. If you can machine and weld like them SOB's, "the world is your oyster my friend" as they say in Boston, or wherever the hell that phrase came from.

Last edited:
The 'hide needs Quigley Ford to come back and shit on mine and everyone else's bench press max, bow kills, and low experience in concrete. :ROFLMAO:
The hide doesn’t need assholes accusing members of being someone they’re not. And especially don’t need members stalking other members and giving open invitations to harass people on their jobs.

The hide doesn’t need assholes accusing members of being someone they’re not. And especially don’t need members stalking other members and giving open invitations to harass people on their jobs.
JFC.. didn't know he did all that. Thought he was just a bragging tard