• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Yamaha Rhino or Polaris RZR?

pyplynr

Minuteman
Apr 4, 2010
Oklahoma
Just sold my Jet Ski today to get a UTV. Which one is better for range use/hunting/play? Any one had any problems with either one?

Re: Yamaha Rhino or Polaris RZR?

I have driven both, Rhino is a truck, the RZR is a race car! I like the RZR better, but to each there own. My plan is to get the four place RZR and the I can haul the moose in the back seat,

I have owned polaris 4 wheeler and I was all the time working on the damn thing. Solid it and but a rhino and have had not had to work on it, except scheduled service.

I've driven both & own a Rhino, a UTV selection (just like a firearm) is solely dependent on what you intend to do with it. If you want to haul ass and hit jumps & shit like that, the RZR is the way to go, it's WAY faster than Rhino but has what I consider an absolutely worthless cargo area. The Rhino, like stated above is more like a truck, slower, more bed capacity & IIRC more towing capacity.

So decide what you intend to do with it & base your decision on that. Hope that helps.

Rhino is the way to go. I own one and it has been zero trouble.
My Polaris had continual starter and carb issues and I was damn glad it went away.
The Rhino is my second Yamaha product and neither have ever given me cause to doubt buying them.

I own a 2011 RZR and 2008 Ranger 700 and use a 2007 Rhino 700 at work.
The RZR rocks for light work duties and extreme play!
The Ranger is a work horse and will go any where you want with any load you can put in it.
The Rihno is ok. I feel it is a bit under powered, and it rides really stiff(compared to the Polaris). After you ride in a polaris you cant go any other way.

Never had a single issue with any of them.
The ranger has been worked to death and just keeps going!